Time Management Course
Essential time management training to help organise your daily tasks and reduce stress.
Learn effective time management skills to manage time more efficiently, including how to plan activities and get tasks done in a smarter manner, both at work and at home.
This course introduces time management tools and techniques that allow participants to manage their time more effectively and feel more in control. The training enables participants to identify areas of their job where time could be better utilised and the actions necessary to alleviate problems identified.
KSL’s one-day time management course provides practical training for company employees wishing to take more control of the way they spend and manage time.
Helpful templates are provided to plan and control your workload on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, to assist with personal organisation and task management. We also tailor the course to accommodate the specific needs of managers.
By the end of the time management training, the participants will have:
- Identified their biggest ‘time stealers’ which reduce their productivity and established solutions to reduce or remove their negative impact
- Acquired practical time management skills for scheduling, planning and prioritising work
- Discussed and practised a range of recognised time management techniques such as effective delegation, assertively saying ‘no’ and negotiating alternative solutions
Identifying your greatest ‘time stealers’
- Ice breaker exercise, small group and individual reflective exercise
Guiding principles of time and self management
- Planning and controlling your workload
- Keeping yourself motivated to achieve tasks
- Reducing travel time and how to optimally use the time available to you
- Managing communication
- Small group exercise with presentation feedback and group discussion
Identifying and managing peak physiological performance time
- Peak physiological performance and time
- Importance of breaks and the negative effects of stress
- Presentation followed by individual exercise and group discussion
Saying ‘no’ and negotiating solutions
- Ways to say ‘no’ assertively
- Identifying potential win-win solutions
- Demonstration, group discussion, pairs practical exercise
Prioritising workload and key tasks
- Need for task prioritisation and ‘Eating your frogs’
- Methods of task prioritisation
- Presentation, group discussion and individual exercises
Planning and prioritising your own workload
- Templates for planning and prioritising projects, goals, tasks
- Planning essentials and practical
- Presentation, individual practical activity and facilitated group discussion
- Defining delegation and identifying why we tend not to delegate
- Benefits and art of effective delegation
- Presentation, demonstration, group exercise and facilitated group review
Assigning tasks to be delegated
- Team skills matrix
- Identifying best person for the task
- Presentation, individual exercise with feedback and review
Solutions for managing time effectively
- Finalising our time management strategies to resolve time stealers
- Individual reflective and action planning exercise with colleague support
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, time management techniques and space for personal notes
- The time management templates can be emailed to participants after the course
All our half-day and one-day time management courses are run as “in-house training”, at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
KSL’s network of professionally qualified trainers can deliver in-house time management training in the following UK regions:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke time management course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Really useful in terms of suggestions on how to improve my time management, as well as helping evaluate what I currently do.
Some really good ideas + takeaways from the session. A great way to get everyone thinking about [time management] improvements.
Really enjoyed, gave me ideas to go away with, now I’ve got to implement it.
I had no idea what my ‘frogs’ were and actually by facing my ‘filing/organisation of paper’ frog I will be much more efficient.
Very practical, enthusiastically presented. It was clear that the trainer used the strategies herself. I believe that I will work better as a result of this course.
Templates have real use to me – just need to schedule time to complete them and not allow slippage! Will help me to talk to my manager about my workload and priorities.