Time Management Course
Essential time management training to help organise your daily tasks and reduce stress.
Learn effective time management skills to manage time more efficiently, including how to plan activities and get tasks done in a smarter manner, both at work and at home.
KSL’s Time Management Course aims to help managers and their staff take control of their most precious resource: time.
Participants will take a practical look at their own time demands and learn tried and tested planning tools, as well as familiarising themselves with today’s most popular time management applications.
By the end of this time management course, the participants will have:
- Identified and resolved their ‘time stealers’
- Prioritised their tasks
- Scheduled tasks for their peak times
- Planned tasks for the way their brain works
- Familiarised themselves with online time management tools
- Committed to immediate actions to take control of their time and operate more productively, and with less stress
Basics of Time Management
- The time management rule
Understanding what to work on
- Your organisation or department strategy
- Linking your tasks to the strategy
- Peak physiological performance and time
- Importance of breaks
- Pomodoro technique
Time management techniques
- Principles of time management
Ideas to help your time management
- Practical ideas that work
- Making the best ideas for you work
Time management best practices
- Managing the day
- Managing the unexpected
- Organising your work area
- Managing your documents
- Working from home productively
Bringing it all together
- Addressing your ‘time-stealers’
- Re-planning your week
- Next steps
The training will be supported with:
- Optional participant pre-course reading
- A colour participant journal with tips, time management techniques and space for personal notes
- A participant and manager coaching guide to embed the learning
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent, I learned some brilliant techniques that will help me on a daily basis to manage my time better.
Really useful in terms of suggestions on how to improve my time management, as well as helping evaluate what I currently do.
Some really good ideas + takeaways from the session. A great way to get everyone thinking about [time management] improvements.
Really enjoyed, gave me ideas to go away with, now I’ve got to implement it.
I had no idea what my ‘frogs’ were and actually by facing my ‘filing/organisation of paper’ frog I will be much more efficient.
Very practical, enthusiastically presented. It was clear that the trainer used the strategies herself. I believe that I will work better as a result of this course.
Templates have real use to me – just need to schedule time to complete them and not allow slippage! Will help me to talk to my manager about my workload and priorities.