Sales Negotiation Course
Learn the art of effective sales negotiation.
Two days of advanced sales negotiation training with lots of valuable tips, tools and techniques for effective negotiation and objection handling.
To enable participants to negotiate constructively with customers and to carry out a sales negotiation that creates a ‘win-win’ outcome for all parties.
The training builds on participants’ existing negotiation skills and gives them additional tools and techniques to take their skills to the next level. The course also develops the mindset of a successful negotiator.
For experienced sales people who want to improve their negotiation skills and operate at a senior level in their client organisations.
This sales negotiation training is for businesses and individuals who want to learn to negotiate effectively and maintain a strong ongoing relationship with the other party.
By the end of the two-day course, delegates will have:
- Learnt how negotiation fits into the sales/purchase process and how to handle the price objection effectively, to either remove the need to negotiate, or to create a more advantageous foundation from which to negotiate.
- Understood different styles of negotiation and how they can negotiate constructively with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Applied the principles of effective negotiation and the five stages within their practise negotiation conversations.
- Clearly identified their objectives, entry and exit points and tradeables within a negotiation discussion that they may have with a customer.
- Enhanced their communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain rapport and achieve a win-win outcome through negotiation.
- Practised tested negotiation strategies
- Understood the principles of effective negotiation, including the five stages of negotiating.
The course will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- The trainer will introduce the sales negotiations process and the underlying skills and techniques
- There will be lots of individual and small group exercises to practise sales negotiation skills and techniques
- Each participant will have the opportunity to practise at least two negotiations with another party
- Course objectives and outline for the day
Negotiating and Selling
- Negotiation as part of the sales process
- Handling the price objection
- What is negotiation?
- Negotiation exercise
Golden rules of negotiating
Planning sales negotiations – stage 1
- Objectives – seller and buyer
- Tradeables – seller and buyer
- Entry and exit points
- Negotiations planner
- Introduction to case study
Communication skills refresher
- Body language
Negotiation discussions – stage 2
- Testing assumptions
- Identifying and exchanging information
- Application and practise using case study
Rapport and relationships
- Co-operation activity
Proposing – stage 3
- Techniques and skills to advance the sales negotiation
- Application using case study
Behaviours, beliefs and emotions in sales negotiations
- Constructive beliefs for negotiating
- Managing our emotions
- Introduction to assertiveness
- Assertive behaviour – words, voice & body language
Bargaining and settling – stages 4 and 5
- Moving to definite proposals
- Settling – reaching agreement and setting action plans
- Applying to the case study
Negotiation strategy and tactics
- Techniques that buyers use and how to respond
- Tips, tactics and tools
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
Standard UK course pricing - sales negotiation
The pricing below is for delivering the negotiation skills course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-10 participants £2300 +VAT
Type of course: In-house
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
Get a quote
In-House Training Locations
Our specialist sales trainer delivers in-house sales negotiation training courses for companies right across the UK, including the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Testimonials from previous attendees
Really helpful training – lots of opportunity to practice and time to think things over.
Thoroughly enjoyed the two days training. The course ran at a steady pace with plenty of time for discussion. Some interesting role play which made you think.
Enjoyed the informal but focused nature of the training.
I found the role playing very helpful, it gave me more confidence.