Stress Management Course
Learn techniques for effectively managing workplace stress, to improve productivity and personal well-being.
A comprehensive stress management training course, offering practical solutions to reduce and manage workplace stress.
The course will enable participants to consider the management of workplace stress at an individual and organisational level, and will help participants develop and implement effective strategies to prevent and manage stress at work.
There will be lots of opportunities to relate the content to the participants’ own work environment, and to consider a range of practical stress management techniques that can help team members whilst executing management health and safety responsibilities.
At KSL, we deliver a number of half-day and one-day stress management courses:
- For employees to raise employee awareness of their personal stress levels and to help manage stress more effectively.
- For team leaders, supervisors and line managers who wish to reduce and manage work-related stress.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Identified the costs and benefits of dealing with stress
- Defined what stress is and started to recognise the signs of stress
- Tried out some personal stress management strategies and techniques
- Recognised the legal obligation of the employer to reduce work-related stress
- Reviewed the main work areas that can lead to stress and identified ways to address work-related stress throughout the organisation
- Considered the critical role and skills of an effective manager of stress and drawn up their own action plan to address the most prominent issues in managing stress in the workplace
Costs and benefits of reducing work-related stress
- Impact and costs of stress on the organisation
- Benefits of tackling workplace stress
- Small group exercise and facilitated group discussion
What is stress/stressors and controls
- An introduction to stress awareness
- The fight or flight response
- Is all stress bad for you?
- Presentation and group discussion
Recognising the signs and symptoms of stress
- The four sources of stress – emotional, mental, physiological and behavioural
- The long term effects of stress
- Identifying your personal stress map
- Small group exercise with presentation feedback and group discussion, individual questionnaire and exercise
Stress management toolkit
- Review of current stress management techniques being used by the group
- Coping strategies and tips for managing stress
- Presentation, individual practical activity and facilitated group discussion
The legal case for dealing with work-related stress
- The legal obligation of the employer to reduce work-related stress
- 5 Steps to Risk Assessment
- Presentation and facilitated group discussion
The HSE Management Standards Approach
- The Risk Assessment approach to reducing stress in the workplace
- Ways to encourage employers and employees to work in partnership to address work-related stress throughout the organisation
- Six areas of work that can lead to stress – a review of the standards and what can be done in the participants workplace to manage stress
- Presentation, small group exercises and facilitated group discussion
Skills of an effective Stress Manager
- Critical role of the line manager
- Stress management skills and competencies
- Small group exercise, individual reflective and action planning exercise
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The stress management training will be supported with:
- an optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing stress in the workplace
- A colour printed workbook with stress management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- An optional stress buster pack can be purchased for each participant
The stress management course is run as “in-house training” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver stress management training to companies across the UK, with local trainers, covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke stress management training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent, met all the elements we had requested.
Well delivered by a knowledgeable trainer.
The [stress management] course was very informative and well presented.
Had asked Sandra to include bespoke issues which she did and very usefully.