Stress Management Course
Learn techniques for effectively managing workplace stress, to improve productivity and personal well-being.
A comprehensive stress management training course, offering practical solutions to reduce and manage workplace stress.
The course will enable participants to consider the management of workplace stress at an individual and organisational level, and will help participants develop and implement effective strategies to prevent and manage stress at work.
There will be lots of opportunities to relate the content to the participants’ own work environment, and to consider a range of practical stress management techniques that can help team members whilst executing management health and safety responsibilities.
At KSL, we deliver a number of half-day and one-day stress management courses:
- For employees to raise employee awareness of their personal stress levels and to help manage stress more effectively.
- For team leaders, supervisors and line managers who wish to reduce and manage work-related stress.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Identified the costs and benefits of dealing with stress
- Defined what stress is and started to recognise the signs of stress
- Tried out some personal stress management strategies and techniques
- Recognised the legal obligation of the employer to reduce work-related stress
- Reviewed the main work areas that can lead to stress and identified ways to address work-related stress throughout the organisation
- Considered the critical role and skills of an effective manager of stress and drawn up their own action plan to address the most prominent issues in managing stress in the workplace
Costs and benefits of reducing work-related stress
- Impact and costs of stress on the organisation
- Benefits of tackling workplace stress
- Small group exercise and facilitated group discussion
What is stress/stressors and controls
- An introduction to stress awareness
- The fight or flight response
- Is all stress bad for you?
- Presentation and group discussion
Recognising the signs and symptoms of stress
- The four sources of stress – emotional, mental, physiological and behavioural
- The long term effects of stress
- Identifying your personal stress map
- Small group exercise with presentation feedback and group discussion, individual questionnaire and exercise
Stress management toolkit
- Review of current stress management techniques being used by the group
- Coping strategies and tips for managing stress
- Presentation, individual practical activity and facilitated group discussion
The legal case for dealing with work-related stress
- The legal obligation of the employer to reduce work-related stress
- 5 Steps to Risk Assessment
- Presentation and facilitated group discussion
The HSE Management Standards Approach
- The Risk Assessment approach to reducing stress in the workplace
- Ways to encourage employers and employees to work in partnership to address work-related stress throughout the organisation
- Six areas of work that can lead to stress – a review of the standards and what can be done in the participants workplace to manage stress
- Presentation, small group exercises and facilitated group discussion
Skills of an effective Stress Manager
- Critical role of the line manager
- Stress management skills and competencies
- Small group exercise, individual reflective and action planning exercise
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- an optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing stress in the workplace
- A colour printed workbook with stress management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- An optional stress buster pack can be purchased for each participant
Testimonials from previous attendees
Great tips for breathing exercises and generally to manage stress. A great introduction to learning about yourself and ways to deal with stress.
Really interactive, lots of great actionable tips.
Of the 2 or 3 stress management courses I’ve attended whilst working at ECC, this was far and away the most useful and appropriate.
Excellent, met all the elements we had requested.
Well delivered by a knowledgeable trainer.
The course was very informative and well presented.
Had asked Sandra to include bespoke issues which she did and very usefully.