Gain a thorough understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
A practical one-day budgeting training course covering practical budgeting and forecasting tools and financial planning techniques.
This course provides training for budgeting managers and anyone who contributes to budgets and forecasts.
The budgeting and forecasting training course will help demystify the world of budgeting and provide participants with the techniques and confidence to manage and control their budget effectively.
Financial terms and budgeting tools will be explained in a way that a non financial manager will understand and relate to in their own line of work. The trainer will use “real life” examples and case studies and encourage participants to work in small groups, working interactively and enjoy the subject!
By the end of this one day training course, the participants will have:
- Understood the role and principles of budgeting
- Confidence in using budgeting tools and techniques
- Appreciated the issues and challenges of finance management from both the “customers” and the company’s perspective
- The ability to analyze and to challenge finance and accounting information
- Appreciated the inter-dependence of business functions
- The Budgeting Pyramid: cash budgeting to capital budgeting
- The Master Budget and the Budgeting Cycle
- Forecasting techniques
- Cash is not Profit!
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
- Introducing the cash budget
- The language of Costs and Costing
- Allocation and apportionment of Costs
- Calculating breaking even
- Facilitator presentation, group discussion and group exercise: ‘The Cash Budget in action’
- Introducing the Revenue Budget
- GAAP, IFRS and Accrual Accounting
- The Income (Profit and Loss) Structure
- Monitoring and reporting the variances
- Introducing Capital Budgeting
- What is Capital?
- The Decision Tree
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Opportunity Costing
- Facilitator presentation, group discussion and group exercise: ‘You have €50,000 to spend!’
- Relating the budgets to the Balance Sheet and the P & L:
- The stakeholders
- The Balance Sheet and P & L
- Introducing key financial ratios
- Facilitator presentation and group exercise: ‘Reading’ the Balance Sheet
- The essentials of Working Capital:
- Calculating Working Capital
- The Working Capital Cycle
- Working Capital “culprits”
- Facilitator presentation and group exercise: Enhancing the “flow” of Working Capital
The budgeting training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing budgets
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Overall, I have come away from the course armed with greater knowledge about finance, far more than I expected. It was highly beneficial on a professional and personal level. I would thoroughly recommend it. Trainer was excellent!
Name withheld on request
Trainer was very experienced and enthusiastic about the topic (very knowledgeable). Very interesting to understand concepts.
Name withheld on request
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
The budgeting and forecasting course is delivered as “in-house training” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We can deliver in-house budgeting training courses to companies across the UK with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland