Conflict Resolution Course
Learn effective conflict management techniques and resolution strategies to address confrontation in the workplace.
This one-day conflict resolution training course offers practical tips for managing conflict at work and introducing an effective conflict management strategy.
To introduce practical conflict resolution techniques and strategies that managers and team leaders can effectively utilise when managing conflict in the workplace. Ideally the conflict management training should build on previous training, skills and knowledge of effective performance management.
Aimed at managers and team leaders, the conflict resolution course provides the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage and turn around conflict situations in the workplace, in a clear, assertive and constructive manner.
Please note: We also offer a one-day Conflict and Resilience Course for customer-facing staff.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace to ensure they maximise individual and team performance
- Identified their preferred style/s in influencing others and managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation
- Demonstrated their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation
- Have identified a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts
Current strategies for handling conflict in the workplace
- Defining confrontation
- Identifying where you focus your attention and energy
- Role of managing conflict in the workplace
- Current conflict resolution strategies
- Presentation, practice sessions in pairs with co-coaching, facilitated group review
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Process for managing conflict
- Crosby’s conflict process
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Recognising contributions and potential conflict management strategies to change outcome
- Presentation, individual reflection and pairs exercise, group review
Influencing and assertiveness styles
- The wheel of influencing
- Non verbal elements of influencing
- Stating wants
- Using consequences
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Giving feedback
- Adapting to the situation with integrity
- Presentation, pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
Conflict resolution activities
- Testing out the use of current and new confrontation management strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading to prepare for the training
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent. By becoming a more direct manager without compromising on team motivation.
Excellent. Practise tips, plan, set goals.
Very thought provoking and helpful. Has made me consider how I interact with clients.
Very personable, patient trainer – seemed flexible to our comments, despite not working in our company/sector.
Role play was delivered well, outside my comfort zone but delivered in a way that was easy to participate
Very useful and able to link to practical situations. Raised awareness of different approaches!
Very useful and relevant. Learned, what I hope will be, effective strategies for implementation.
Really skilled trainer. Lots of theory that’s usable.