Essential team leader training for new managers and supervisors.
Take your management skills to the next level, with part two of our first line manager training. Run as in-house training, at your company offices.
A fun, practical day of management training, aimed at first line managers, team leaders and supervisors.
Part two of our team leader training course provides new managers with further techniques for getting the best out of their team members, once the performance management basics covered in line management training – part one, are in place.
By the end of this one-day course, the participants will have:
- Recognised the characteristics of high performing teams and identified ways to engender effective team working
- Been introduced to different styles of communication and how to adapt their communication style to create understanding and rapport with others
- Identified strategies for helping team members cope with their potential responses to change in the workplace
- Identified and practised techniques for managing difficult behaviour in the workplace
A one-day management training course designed to build confidence and develop key leadership and communication skills. The training introduces valuable techniques to manage change, team conflict and difficult behaviour.
The course outline for team leader training is as follows:
- Characteristics of high performance teams
- Defining a team
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Stages of group development
- Ways to engender team working
- Group exercise ‘shapes’ and review, facilitator presentation, small group and individual exercise
- Communication Styles
- Perceptions and filters
- Appreciating different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication style and preference
- Adjusting to other communication styles when managing team members
- Individual questionnaire, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
- Emotional responses to change
- business and personal impacts of failing to deal with people’s needs & concerns
- identifying our own response to change
- DREC change curve
- identifying each phase and responding appropriately
- conveying compelling reasons for change
- Practical activity and discussion in small groups with group learning review, facilitator presentation, individual exercise
- Managing difficult behaviour in the workplace
- What causes difficult behaviour
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
- Next steps
- Review of learning
- Personal action planning
- Course feedback
The team leader training will be supported with:
- A participant pre-course questionnaire and Communication Styles Questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- Access to our portfolio of management tips and performance guides
To make the most of the time on the day, delegates will be asked to complete the following pre-course work:
- Complete the Communication Styles Questionnaire and bring with them to the training.
- To define their personal objectives from attending this training. I.E. What would they like to be able to do better, or differently, as a result of attending this training?
Very enthusiastic way of conducting training + adapting principles to our needs + company.
Gemma Hangley, Senior Research Manager, Relish Research
Very knowledgeable and pleasant way of presenting, thank-you.
Hari Jani, Accounts Manager, Bank House Lockers
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
This one-day team leader training course is delivered ‘in-house’, at the company premises of our client, anywhere in the UK, by one of our professionally qualified trainers. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Dates are flexible, to suit client needs.
We can deliver management training courses at your company offices, in the following regions:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland