First Line Manager Training – part 2
Essential management training for new managers, team leaders and supervisors.
Take your management skills to the next level, with part two of our first line manager training. Run as in-house training, at your company offices.
A one-day management training course for new managers and supervisors, to build confidence and develop key leadership and communication skills. The training also introduces practical techniques to help manage change, team conflict and difficult behaviour.
By the end of this one-day management course, the participants will have:
- Recognised the characteristics of high performing teams and identified ways to engender effective team working
- Been introduced to different styles of communication and how to adapt their communication style to create understanding and rapport with others
- Identified strategies for helping team members cope with their potential responses to change in the workplace
- Identified and practised techniques for managing difficult behaviour in the workplace
Characteristics of high performance teams
- Defining a team
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Stages of group development
- Ways to engender team working
- Group exercise ‘shapes’ and review, facilitator presentation, small group and individual exercise
- Perceptions and filters
- Appreciating different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication style and preference
- Adjusting to other communication styles when managing team members
- Individual questionnaire, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
Emotional responses to change
- Business and personal impacts of failing to deal with people’s needs & concerns
- Identifying our own response to change
- DREC change curve
- Identifying each phase and responding appropriately
- Conveying compelling reasons for change
- Practical activity and discussion in small groups with group learning review, facilitator presentation, individual exercise
Managing difficult behaviour in the workplace
- What causes difficult behaviour
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
- Review of learning
- Personal action planning
- Course feedback
The team leader training will be supported with:
- A participant pre-course questionnaire and Communication Styles Questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- Access to our portfolio of management tips and performance guides
This one-day management course for team leaders and supervisors is run as ‘in-house training’, at the company premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house management training courses, in the following UK cities and regions:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke management training course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Very knowledgeable and pleasant way of presenting, thank-you.
Very enthusiastic way of conducting training + adapting principles to our needs + company.