Customer Service Training
Improve customer care with this practical training programme.
An interactive customer service training course to develop and fine-tune customer service skills, with in-house and virtual training options available.
This course is ideal for anyone seeking training in customer service and customer care. The majority of participants attending our customer services courses are in customer facing or customer support roles, who want to develop their customer service skills and behaviours. Call centre staff being one example.
Our customer service training is always aligned to the most frequent method of communication used to connect with your customers e.g. face to face, telephone, email.
We are also experienced at providing bespoke training courses in customer services, as well as longer term programmes to meet specific organisation goals and service standards.
This training is specifically designed to develop the participants’ skills and behaviours to offer exceptional customer service. It also empowers participants to provide effective solutions to customer facing problems, when they arise.
By the end of this one-day customer service course, the participants will have:
- Adopted a consistent, professional communication style when speaking with customers
- Developed skills in engaging with customers and handling their enquiries effectively
- Listened effectively, asked questions and summarised to respond fully to a customer request
- Identified ways they can add value to customer relationships and exceed expectations
- Practised how to turn customer service disappointment into a positive experience
Defining customer service excellence
- What does great service look like and feel like?
- Sharing our own experiences of good and bad service
- Responsibility for customer service
- Stepping into your customers’ shoes
- Individual and group exercises, facilitated group discussion
Handling customer enquiries
- Customer contact model and service standards
- Creating lasting first impressions
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Using positive language and tone of voice
- Demonstration, facilitated group review, pairs exercise with group review
Establishing customer needs and responding to requests
- Effective customer communication:
- Active listening – including taking notes
- Practical exercises in pairs and trios with group discussion
Handling work based customer requests
- Identifying challenging customer requests
- Responding to challenging customer requests assertively
- Group discussion, short practice sessions in pairs with feedback
- Turning disappointment into delight; improving customer relations
- Identifying the nature of customer complaints
- Responding to customer complaints
- Introducing colleagues to resolve customer service issue
- Group discussion, presentation, exercise with group review
Complaint handling practice
- Practise brief
- Practise sessions
- Complaint handling practice sessions with feedback, group review
Building customer relationships
- Relationship triangle – trust and loyalty
- What differentiates us from our competitors?
- Identifying ways to add value and exceed customer expectations
- Following up
- Presentation, revolving flipchart exercise in small groups, group review
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading covering customer care
- A colour printed workbook with customer service tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Customer service course - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the customer service training course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £625 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £650 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £695 +VAT
- 3-4 participants £895 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
2 x Half-day courses…
Run on the same weekday.
- 6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
- 13-24 participants £1095 +VAT
Type of course: In-house or Virtual
The training is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. Also available as 'bite-size' virtual learning by Zoom videoconferencing. The minimum number of course participants is 3, read why.
In order for us to deliver the best customer service training, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the course, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house customer service training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
This course is also available in a virtual learning format, run in bite-size sessions.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Very well presented, lots of personal experience. Knowledge shows through.
Very engaging, which helped. Even where you think you deliver good customer service already, certainly gave food for thought in certain areas.
Very relevant and fulfilled our needs.
Very fun and informative day’s training. Exercises were enjoyable and the feedback helped us understand where this was relevant.
Fantastic trainer with an obvious high level of practical knowledge and understanding.
Really enjoyed – opened my eyes regarding customer service.