Customer Service Training
Raise levels of customer care with this practical training programme.
An engaging customer service training course to develop and fine-tune customer service skills, with half-day or one-day training options available.
This course is ideal for anyone seeking training in customer service and customer care. The majority of participants attending our customer services courses are in customer facing or customer support roles, who want to develop their customer service skills and behaviours.
We are also experienced at providing bespoke training courses in customer services, as well as longer term programmes to meet specific organisation goals and service standards. Our customer service training is always aligned to the most frequent method of communication used to connect with your customers e.g. face to face, telephone, email.
This training is specifically designed to develop the participants’ skills and behaviours to offer exceptional customer care. It also empowers participants to provide effective solutions to customer facing problems, when they arise.
By the end of this one-day customer service course, the participants will have:
- Adopted a consistent, professional style when speaking with customers
- Developed skills in engaging with customers and handling their enquiries effectively
- Listened effectively, asked questions and summarised to respond fully to a customer request
- Identified ways they can add value to customer relationships and exceed expectations
- Practised how to turn customer service disappointment into a positive experience
Defining customer service
- What does great service look like and feel like?
- Sharing our own experiences of good and bad service
- Responsibility for customer service
- Stepping into your customers’ shoes
- Individual and group exercises, facilitated group discussion
Handling customer enquiries
- Customer contact model and service standards
- Creating lasting first impressions
- Building and maintaining rapport
- Using positive language and tone of voice
- Demonstration, facilitated group review, pairs exercise with group review
Establishing customer needs and responding to requests
- Active listening – including taking notes
- Practical exercises in pairs and trios with group discussion
Handling work based customer requests
- Identifying challenging customer requests
- Responding to challenging customer requests assertively
- Group discussion, short practice sessions in pairs with feedback
- Turning disappointment into delight
- Identifying the nature of customer complaints
- Responding to customer complaints
- Introducing colleagues to resolve customer service issue
- Group discussion, presentation, exercise with group review
Complaint handling practice
- Practise brief
- Practise sessions
- Complaint handling practice sessions with feedback, group review
Building customer relationships
- Relationship triangle – trust and loyalty
- What differentiates us from our competitors?
- Identifying ways to add value and exceed customer expectations
- Following up
- Presentation, revolving flipchart exercise in small groups, group review
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The customer service training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading covering customer care
- A colour printed workbook with customer service tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Customer service is one of our in-house training programmes, which is run at the company premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house customer service courses to companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke customer service training course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Very well presented, lots of personal experience. Knowledge shows through.
Very engaging, which helped. Even where you think you deliver good customer service already, certainly gave food for thought in certain areas.
Very relevant and fulfilled our needs.
Very fun and informative day’s training. Exercises were enjoyable and the feedback helped us understand where this was relevant.
Fantastic trainer with an obvious high level of practical knowledge and understanding.
Really enjoyed – opened my eyes regarding customer service.