Performance Management Course
Learn effective techniques to manage employee performance.
Comprehensive performance management training covering practical techniques and processes for managing employee and team performance.
This interactive one-day training course will bring consistency in applying performance management within the business. The course will help managers and team leaders recognise their role and contribution to effectively manage performance and conduct at work.
A link can be made to the organisation’s policies throughout the course to help embed effective performance management techniques and practices into an existing framework.
By the end of this performance management course, participants will have:
- Shared a common understanding on how performance management systems can be effectively utilised to raise the performance of individuals and teams
- Enhanced their skills in setting clear expectations and objectively measuring individual performance using objectives and competencies as key measures
- Identified and practised some performance management strategies and techniques to enhance the performance and motivation in under-performing and high performing team members.
Creating and sustaining high performance teams
- Key characteristics of a high performing team
- Stages of group development
- Role of team leader in achieving high performance
- Group ‘shapes’ exercise with review, presentation, individual reflective exercise
The principles of performance management
- Core elements, principles and benefits of an effective performance management framework
- Performance management cycle and purpose of the annual performance review
- Organisations’ performance appraisal process
- Quiz, case study quiz, presentation and group discussion
Setting performance measures
- Objective setting process
- Setting and communicating performance objectives
- Identifying core behaviours that drive high performance
- Presentation, the ‘shoot out’ exercise with facilitated group review, group exercise and discussion
Reviewing and assessing performance
- Reviewing different levels of performance
- Objectively assessing and rating performance
- Case study with group learning review and discussion
One to one performance review meetings
- Structuring performance review meetings
- Giving constructive and motivational feedback
- Using questions to help employees review their own performance
- Presentation, skills practice in small groups, group learning review
Review and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing performance
- A colour printed workbook with performance management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- An optional “performance guide” summarising the key points
Performance management training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the performance management training course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £950 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £995 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £1095 +VAT
Type of course: In-house or Virtual
Our performance management training is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. Also available as 'bite-size' virtual training by Zoom videoconferencing. The minimum number of course participants is 3, read why.
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house performance management training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
This course is also available in a virtual learning format, run in bite-size sessions.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Brilliant! This will help me no end.
Very well presented and relevant to my job role. Found it interesting and engaging.