Performance Management Course
Learn effective techniques to manage employee performance.
Our performance management training covers practical techniques and processes for managing employee and team performance.
This interactive one-day training course will bring consistency in applying performance management within the business. The course will help managers and team leaders recognise their role and contribution to effectively manage performance and conduct at work.
A link can be made to the organisation’s policies throughout the course to help embed effective performance management techniques and practices into an existing framework.
By the end of the performance management course, participants will have:
- Shared a common understanding on how performance management systems can be effectively utilised to raise the performance of individuals and teams
- Enhanced their skills in setting clear expectations and objectively measuring individual performance using objectives and competencies as key measures
- Identified and practised some performance management strategies and techniques to enhance the performance and motivation in under-performing and high performing team members.
Creating and sustaining high performance teams
- Key characteristics of a high performing team
- Stages of group development
- Role of team leader in achieving high performance
- Group ‘shapes’ exercise with review, presentation, individual reflective exercise
The principles of performance management
- Core elements, principles and benefits of an effective performance management framework
- Performance management cycle and purpose of the annual performance review
- Organisations’ performance appraisal process
- Quiz, case study quiz, presentation and group discussion
Setting performance measures
- Objective setting process
- Setting and communicating performance objectives
- Identifying core behaviours that drive high performance
- Presentation, the ‘shoot out’ exercise with facilitated group review, group exercise and discussion
Reviewing and assessing performance
- Reviewing different levels of performance
- Objectively assessing and rating performance
- Case study with group learning review and discussion
One to one performance review meetings
- Structuring performance review meetings
- Giving constructive and motivational feedback
- Using questions to help employees review their own performance
- Presentation, skills practice in small groups, group learning review
Review and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing performance
- A colour printed workbook with performance management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- An optional “performance guide” summarising the key points
The performance management course is run as “in-house training” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house performance management training courses for companies across the UK, in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke performance management training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Brilliant! This will help me no end.
Very well presented and relevant to my job role. Found it interesting and engaging.