Learn effective techniques to manage employee performance.
Our one-day performance management courses cover practical techniques and processes for managing employee and team performance.
This course offers practical performance management training, aimed at line managers who have a responsibility for managing the performance and conduct of staff/employees.
This interactive one-day training course will bring consistency in applying performance management within the business, helping managers and team leaders recognise their role and contribution to effectively manage performance and conduct at work.
A link can be made to the organisation’s policies throughout the course to help embed effective performance management techniques and practices into an existing framework.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Shared a common understanding on how performance management systems can be effectively utilised to raise the performance of individuals and teams
- Enhanced their skills in setting clear expectations and objectively measuring individual performance using objectives and competencies as key measures
- Identified and practised some performance management strategies and techniques to enhance the performance and motivation in under-performing and high performing team members.
- Creating and sustaining high performance teams
- Key characteristics of a high performing team
- Stages of group development
- Role of team leader in achieving high performance
- Group ‘shapes’ exercise with review, presentation, individual reflective exercise
- The principles of performance management
- Core elements, principles and benefits of an effective performance management framework
- Performance management cycle and purpose of the annual performance review
- Organisations’ performance appraisal process
- Quiz, case study quiz, presentation and group discussion
- Setting performance measures
- Objective setting process
- Setting and communicating performance objectives
- Identifying core behaviours that drive high performance
- Presentation, the ‘shoot out’ exercise with facilitated group review, group exercise and discussion
- Reviewing and assessing performance
- Reviewing different levels of performance
- Objectively assessing and rating performance
- Case study with group learning review and discussion
- One to one performance review meetings
- Structuring performance review meetings
- Giving constructive and motivational feedback
- Using questions to help employees review their own performance
- Presentation, skills practice in small groups, group learning review
- Review and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on managing performance
- A colour printed workbook with performance management tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- An optional "performance guide" summarising the key points
You may find our articles relating to performance management in the workplace useful:
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Well presented with engaging, relevant and creative exercises. Well worth a day out of a busy schedule!
Country Manager, HTC Europe
Very well presented and relevant to my job role. Found it interesting and engaging.
Martin Bryant, Service Desk Manager, ESP
Very well organised training course with brilliant interaction, keeping the whole group engaged.
Sam Fitzgerald, Service Delivery Manager, ESP
Will certainly implement some of the techniques and improve the performance of my team
Name Withheld on Request
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
The performance management course is delivered as “in-house training” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We can deliver in-house performance management training courses to companies across the UK and have local trainers serving the following areas:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland