Communication Skills Course
Develop your business communication skills and build rapport with colleagues and customers.
A practical one-day training course focusing on effective communication and interpersonal skills for business. Also available in truncated form as a half-day course, with a ‘bite-size’ virtual training option.
This communication skills training course is extremely helpful to those providing or selling a service to others and wanting to take control of conversations effectively and in an engaging way for the recipient.
The training is also helpful for team members wanting to communicate more effectively across different teams.
By the end of this one-day course, the participants will have:
- Identified effective communication practices and techniques to overcome communication challenges within the workplace.
- Recognised different styles of communication that they and their colleagues use to communicate and make decisions.
- Selected ways to adapt their communication style and methods to create understanding and engagement with others.
- Used communication techniques to enhance their communication with others.
Framework for effective communication
- One-way versus two-way communication
- Barriers and common causes to miscommunication
- Framework for giving and receiving communication
- Different communication methods and their effectiveness
- Presentation, exercise in trios, facilitated whole group discussion
- Perceptions and filters
- Different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication styles and preferences
- Adjusting to other communication styles
- Individual exercise, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
- Practising adjusting to other communication styles
- Small group practice sessions, facilitated learning review
Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Taking control using a simple Transactional Analysis model
- Voice tone and projection
- Pairs exercise
- Active listening
- Small group exercises, with facilitated group review
- Personal scenario
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning
- Individual reflection, action planning communication skills exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- A Communication Styles questionnaire
- Optional participant pre-course reading to prepare for effective communication
- A participant journal with tips, techniques and space for personal notes. For a sustainable solution, we offer editable journals for online use
- Participant and Manager Coaching Guide to help embed the learning
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent. Using all I have learned in my working environment.
Sharon was very helpful, informative and delivered the course very effectively.
Very good, really enjoyed the activities. I will definitely use what I have learnt.
Very likeable trainer and very knowledgeable. Adapted the [communication skills] course brilliantly to current situations.