Develop your business communication skills and build rapport with colleagues and customers.
A one-day training course focusing on effective communication and interpersonal skills for business. Also available in truncated form as a half-day course.
The course provides communication skills training for individuals wishing to develop their interpersonal skills and build rapport with others in the workplace. The training covers effective communication strategies to enhance understanding and verbal communication with others.
This business-orientated course is also helpful to those providing or selling a service to others, as well as people responsible for managing communication across teams and the organisation.
To enable participants to communicate clearly and with impact, by improving their verbal and non-verbal communication style, as well as enhancing interpersonal skills. Communicating effectively will soon seem effortless!
By the end of this one-day communication training course, the participants will have:
- Recognised different styles of communication and how to improve understanding and build rapport with others.
- Reflected on different methods of communication and decided when each is most suitable.
- Appreciated the role of body language and voice tone in effective communication.
- Communicated their message in an effective and engaging way for the recipient.
- Forms and methods of communication
- One-way versus two-way communication
- Process of communication
- Breakdown of communication
- Different communication methods and their effectiveness
- Presentation, exercise in trios, facilitated whole group discussion
- Communication styles
- Perceptions and filters
- Appreciating different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication style and preference
- Adjusting to other styles
- Individual exercise, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
- Non-verbal communication
- Voice tone and projection
- First impressions and building rapport
- Body language
- Active listening
- Large and small group exercises, pairs practice with facilitated group review
- Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning
- Individual reflection, action planning communication skills exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
The business communication training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on effective communication
- A colour printed workbook with tips, communication techniques and space for personal notes
- An electronic pre-course Communication Styles questionnaire
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Download the training course overview for communication skills, by clicking the links below:
Lee is so knowledgeable. Tailoring content to personal traits and needs. Excellent.
Paul Hinnett, Business Analyst, Lombard Vehicle Management
Very good, really enjoyed the activities. I will definitely use what I have learnt.
Paul Goffe, Small Fleet Business Development Manager, Lombard Vehicle Management
Very likeable trainer and very knowledgeable. Adapted the [communication skills] course brilliantly to current situations..
Eleanor Moseley, CSE, Lombard Vehicle Management
Learnt a great deal about my own communication style and others.
Name Withheld on Request
Sharon was very helpful, informative and delivered the course very effectively.
Keri Harnett, Bursar, Appleford School
Neil Buchanan, Team Leader, Daneswood
More customer reviews
KSL Training4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex and Google
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
Our communication training is delivered “in-house” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We have professionally qualified trainers across the UK. This enables us to deliver in-house communication skills training courses to companies in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford (funding for training may be available in West Yorkshire)
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland