Communication Skills Course
Develop your business communication skills and build rapport with colleagues and customers.
A practical one-day training course focusing on effective communication and interpersonal skills for business. Also available in truncated form as a half-day course.
To enable participants to communicate clearly and with impact, by improving their verbal and non-verbal communication style, as well as enhancing interpersonal skills. Communicating effectively will soon seem effortless!
The course provides communication skills training for individuals wishing to develop their interpersonal skills and build rapport with others in the workplace. The training covers effective communication strategies to enhance understanding and verbal communication with others.
This business-orientated course is also helpful to those providing or selling a service to others, as well as people responsible for managing communication across teams and the organisation.
By the end of this one-day course, the participants will have:
- Recognised different styles of communication and how to improve understanding and build rapport with others.
- Reflected on different methods of communication and decided when each is most suitable.
- Appreciated the role of body language and voice tone in effective communication.
- Communicated their message in an effective and engaging way for the recipient.
Forms and methods of communication
- One-way versus two-way communication
- Process of communication
- Breakdown of communication
- Different communication methods and their effectiveness
- Presentation, exercise in trios, facilitated whole group discussion
- Perceptions and filters
- Appreciating different communication styles
- Identifying our own communication style and preference
- Adjusting to other styles
- Individual exercise, facilitator presentation, small group exercises, facilitated group review
- Voice tone and projection
- First impressions and building rapport
- Body language
- Active listening
- Large and small group exercises, pairs practice with facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning
- Individual reflection, action planning communication skills exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on effective communication
- A colour printed workbook with tips, communication techniques and space for personal notes
- An electronic pre-course Communication Styles questionnaire
Standard UK course pricing - communication skills
The pricing below is for delivering the communication skills course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £625 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £650 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £695 +VAT
- 3-4 participants £895 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
2 x Half-day courses…
Run on the same weekday.
- 6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
- 13-24 participants £1095 +VAT
Type of course: In-house
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
Get a quote
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house communication skills training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Testimonials from previous attendees
Sharon was very helpful, informative and delivered the course very effectively.
Very good, really enjoyed the activities. I will definitely use what I have learnt.
Very likeable trainer and very knowledgeable. Adapted the [communication skills] course brilliantly to current situations.