Coaching Skills Course
Essential coaching skills training for managers, to boost performance.
Improve employee performance and learn valuable coaching techniques, with this one-day coaching training course.
To equip managers, team leaders and internal coaches with the skills, knowledge and confidence to coach individual team members to improve their own performance and confidence.
Our coaching skills training gives participants the opportunity to practice the GROW model devised by Sir John Whitmore, based on successful coaching in the world of sport. In addition, it will also help raise self awareness in others and motivate and encourage self responsibility within those being coached.
By the end of this one-day course, the participants will have:
- Understood what coaching is, their role as coach and how it can contribute to maximising performance
- Defined ‘coaching’ and explained how it differs from training, mentoring and counselling
- Understood the GROW model and be able to adapt it to most coaching situations
- Used some coaching techniques in a range of situations
- What is coaching?
- Differences between coaching and other development approaches
- Small group exercise
Role of a coach
- The role, skills and attributes of an effective coach
- Key principles of coaching
- Coaching as a motivational tool
- Identifying coaching opportunities
- Small group practical activity, pairs exercise and group discussion
Active and reflective listening skills
- Active listening
- Summarising, paraphrasing
- Reflecting back
- Practical exercises in pairs and trios with group discussion
- Different types of questions
- Use of open questions
- Identifying ways people learn
- Group discussion, presentation, question exercise, co-coaching exercise in pairs
Using the GROW model
- Summary of the G.R.O.W. model
- Examples of effective questions using the G.R.O.W. model
- Selecting your key questions
- Facilitator presentation, demonstration followed by group learning review, individual preparation
- Coaching others
- Receiving coaching
- Observing coaching techniques in practice
- Practice sessions in trios with coach, coachee and observer
Setting stretching goals
- Getting the balance right with stretching goals
- Setting and challenging others with their goals
- Using other coaching models
- Group exercise with facilitated review and individual reflective exercise
- Review of learning and action planning
The coaching skills training will be supported with:
- an optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- a colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
The coaching skills course is delivered “in-house” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver coaching skills training to companies across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke coaching skills training course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Very good session – learnt new skills and reinforced existing skills. Good practical role plays + interaction with colleagues.
Fun, enthusiastic, relative, practical and engaging course.