Delegation Skills Training
Become more productive at work, by learning effective delegation skills and techniques.
Learn how to delegate tasks and motivate others with this practical one day delegation training course, which includes fun exercises.
In this practical course participants will be provided with a range of tools and templates to help them learn how to delegate tasks and use effective delegation as a key development tool to motivate and challenge their people. It will identify all the considerations that need to taken before, during and after a task has been delegated.
Delegation skills training is ideal for team leaders and managers wanting to enhance their own productivity and focus on their crucial goals, by delegating tasks and projects to their team members.
By the end of this delegation training course, participants will have:
- Stated what the definition of delegation is and appreciated what stops managers from delegating
- Articulated the benefits of effective delegation and described the effects of good delegation
- Practised how to delegate effectively
- Practised using questions to review progress and given feedback on their progress
- Identified tasks that can be delegated and the best team member to delegate these tasks to
What is delegation?
- Definition of delegation
- Why managers don’t delegate
- Paired exercise and group discussion
The effects and benefits of good delegation
- Benefits of effective delegation
- Managers past experiences of delegation
- Key principles for effective delegation
- Group exercise with presentation pitch, group discussion and review
How to delegate effectively
- An exercise in how not to delegate
- What we can learn from this exercise
- The art of delegation – six steps to effective delegation
- Delegation preparation checklist
- Assigning tasks for delegation
- Facilitator demonstration and whole group exercise, short presentation, individual exercise with group learning review
Communicating delegated task
- Delegation communication checklist
- Conveying delegated task to team member
- Review of checklist and short practice sessions in pairs with group learning review
Recording and prioritising delegated tasks
- Recording and prioritising long and short term goals and tasks
- Completing action plans for delegated task
- Presentation using example templates, individual exercise and group review
Monitoring progress and giving feedback
- Asking questions to review progress
- Reviewing performance
- Giving feedback and recognition
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, practice sessions and group review
Applying the learning
- Identifying core team skills using Team Skills Matrix
- Identifying tasks for delegation
- Individual exercises, group review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
The delegation training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
- Templates can be emailed to participants after the delegation course
Delegation skills training is one of our as “in-house courses”, delivered at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We can deliver in-house delegation training courses to companies across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke delegation training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
I enjoyed the day and felt that I benefited from the material and have an idea how I will free up more time and effectively delegate to my team.
Good, made me think a lot about my day to day workload and how I currently cope with it. I now have some skills to put to the test with my team.