Our ‘train the trainer’ training helps improve skills retention from your business training programmes.
A comprehensive two-day train the trainer course which provides the skills, confidence and structure to design and deliver one-to-one training sessions in the workplace.
Run by a highly experienced consultant, our train the trainer training is designed for those who are responsible for on-the-job training, or induction of team members in key tasks. The course would suit an induction buddy, coach, internal trainer, or supervisor, looking to improve their training skills.
This in-depth two-day training programme will enable participants to write and deliver practical one-to-one training sessions for colleagues.
By the end of this two day training course, the participants will have:
- Identified the role of the Trainer
- Explained how adults learn and the importance of recognising learning styles / preferences
- Analysed tasks in order to plan effective one to one training
- Designed one practical training session using a simple structure to meet specified training needs
- Delivered one short piece of practical training
- Provided constructive feedback to learners following practice sessions
- The role of the trainer and benefits of training
- Defining training and identifying role of the trainer
- Benefits of training for the organisation, the trainee & the trainer
- Pairs exercise, small group exercise and facilitated discussion
- The Learning Cycle
- The ways we learn, the Learning cycle
- Aids and barriers to learning
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion, small group practical activity
- Learning Styles Inventory completion
- Completion of the Learning Styles questionnaire
- Individual completion of questionnaire
- Learning Styles
- Ways we approach tasks and attributes of the different learning styles
- Small group exercise with presentation and group discussion
- An introduction to the ABC Model
- Reason for the model and structuring training sessions
- Explanation, presentation, and group discussion
- Attention Phase & Practice Sessions
- Importance of gaining a trainee’s attention at the outset
- Writing an introduction for your training session
- Whole group activity followed by group discussion, pairs practice activity and group feedback
- Breakdown Phase – Part 1:Task Analysis
- Components of an effective 1:1 training session
- Overview of the training steps and Task analysis
- Small group exercises, trainer demonstration, individual activity with feedback
- Breakdown Phase – Part 2: Involving the Trainee
- Finding ways to involve and engage trainees
- Staging and questioning
- Preparing training plan
- Brainstorming exercise, group discussion, individual activity
- Breakdown Phase – Part 2: Involving the Trainee
- Involving the trainee practice
- Practice sessions with group feedback
- Check Phase
- Conducting verbal and practical checks
- Small group exercise and facilitated group discussion
- Giving Feedback
- Importance of giving developmental & motivational feedback
- Using a feedback model and guidelines for giving feedback
- Group discussion, demonstration
- Practice Sessions
- Practice sessions with observer feedback
- Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning, current skills and action planning
- Course feedback
The course will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Brilliant two days, hard work, felt out of my comfort zone. But, by day two I was understanding and really felt like I could contribute to the group.
Lauren Wise, Office Manager, Brady Corporation
Really enjoyable, good pace, good breaks, very effective. Feel like I know the process, good application, good explanations, really positive, very pleased with course.
Suzy Hall, Web Team Team Leader, Brady Corporation
Fantastic, fun, involved, was given feedback and help all the way through.
John as always delivers an informative and entertaining training session.
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
Our train the trainer course is delivered as “in-house training” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
Our professionally qualified consultants deliver train the trainer courses to companies right across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland