MBTI Team Building
Increase communication and understanding within your team
Raise team motivation and understanding with a fun MBTI Workshop, run by one of our licensed MBTI practitioners.
The MBTI questionnaire works by identifying a range of Myers Briggs personality types, which are invaluable for understanding team dynamics and relationships.
Our Myers Briggs workshops help to explain each of the communication preferences from the MBTI Questionnaire in an interactive, supportive and fun way. Crucially, we help each team member to acquire insights about how they and their colleagues prefer to take in information and make decisions.
To save time, each delegate completes an online MBTI questionnaire before the event. This takes around 25 minutes.
The MBTI team building workshop provides each team member with:
- An insight into how each team member prefers to communicate and make decisions based on their Myers Briggs personality types and profile
- An appreciation of how their communication preferences influence their overall team interactions
Understanding MBTI Type:
Initially, the workshop starts with an overview presentation and discussion of ‘MBTI Type’. Practical examples are then included to help participants understand each communication preference. As a result, they can then start to assess their own preferences.
Deciding your preferred Type:
To establish each team member’s preferred Type an individual review and coaching is provided. In addition, the ‘Introduction to Type’ booklet provides further explanation about self-assessment. The flipchart then records each participant’s preference to share with the team. Consequently, each team member can then start to gain insights into the team’s overall communication preference.
Acquiring insights on your preferred Type:
This comprises a facilitated group review of each person’s preferred Type in the team.
Four interactive exercises and group discussions are run. The aim is to explore the communication preferences and differences to increase understanding.
Usually we split participants into two teams for each exercise, according to their self-assessed preference. As a result, they can confirm their assessment and observe the opposite preference with their colleagues. Finally, the facilitator conducts a review of each exercise, sharing key insights and summarising how to apply the learning to the working environment.
Review of Team preference dimensions:
We then undertake a group review of team’s collective communication preferences. In addition, we look at the potential impact of the findings. In conclusion, we then examine how best to address any perceived under or over utilisation of communication preferences within the team.
To support the MBTI workshop, we include:
- An on-line MBTI questionnaire, which takes about 25 minutes to complete prior to the workshop
- An individual MBTI report
- The Introduction to Type booklet
Based upon their individual responses to the Myers Briggs Questionnaire, team members will receive a short automated report. As a result, they are then able to identify which of the sixteen personality types best describes themselves.
In addition, within the same report the team member will be able to see the level of strength of their communication preferences, as well as some initial insights into their reported MBTI type.
Principally, the Myers Briggs personality type represents a team member’s preference in four separate categories, with each category composed of opposite poles. These four categories describe key areas that combine to form the basis of an individual’s personality type, as follows:
- Where you focus your attention – Extraversion (E) or Intraversion (I)
- The way you take in information – Sensing (S) or (N) INtuition
- The way you make decisions – Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
- How you deal with the outer world – Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)
The results of the MBTI questionnaire are for each team member. Importantly, the facilitator will only disclose these to other team members at the MBTI team building session, supported by an agreement of confidentiality.
This team building workshop is one of our “in-house training” courses – delivered at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We facilitate MBTI team building events for companies across the UK, including the following cities and regions:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
I enjoyed the opportunity to share profiles as this will help develop optimal interactions with my colleagues.
Insightful … Great food for thought. Accelerated sense of team and move senior management team on in a positive direction.
Very enjoyable, interesting concepts, learnt lots!
Very well presented. Great preparation was evident. Clear explanations of ‘types’. Best of three experiences of this type of event. Good team involvement facilitated by trainer. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.