Develop key leadership skills to get the best from your team.
Gain an understanding of the impact of different leadership styles in this practical leadership skills course, run in-house at your business premises in London and across the UK.
For managers new to leadership positions or needing to understand more about the impact of different leadership styles.
This interactive one-day leadership skills course will enable participants to review their own management leadership styles, identify what works well for them and the people they lead and what they want to continue, change and develop.
By the end of the day’s leadership training, managers will have:
- Defined the role of the leader and appreciated the likely expectations of the people they will manage
- Gained an understanding of the impact of different leadership styles on individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole.
- Identified how to adapt their style of leadership to each team member and the context of the situation
- Reviewed their own current style of leadership and considered potential areas for future leadership development
- Leading a high performing team
- Defining the role of a leader
- Defining leadership
- Getting the balance right between leadership and management
- Role, behaviours, qualities and expectations of a leader
- Personal perceptions and authenticity
- Individual exercise, revolving flipchart exercise, group review, presentation
- Leadership styles
- Leadership models
- Leadership styles using Bass (1981) five broad leadership styles.
- Identifying when to use each leadership style
- Adapting your leadership style to the person and situation
- Presentation, individual exercise, group practise activity switching pairs and group learning review
- Leadership impact
- Reviewing the impact of different styles of leadership within an organisation
- Acquiring leadership balance
- Case study with group learning review and discussion
- Leadership behaviours in action
- Reviewing the impact of leadership styles on a team
- Communicating within teams
- Rotating group activities with a different leader, group review
- Personal Leadership
- Describing your style of leadership
- Identifying the leadership styles you use most / least
- Identifying leadership behaviours to continue, change and develop
- Individual exercise, co-coaching with facilitated group review
- Review and next steps
- Review of learning and actions
- Course feedback
The leadership development training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading/activity on leadership
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
An excellent session, well organized, stimulating. Group exercises very instructive. Thanks.
Very effective. Presenter very knowledgeable and able to adapt the session to meet the needs of the participants.
A useful update to re-motivate me on leadership styles.
Allowed broad discussion and contributions from all. This was particularly appreciated recognizing the levels of knowledge present in the room.
Excellent facilitator. Excellent day providing lots of discussion and reflection. Very useful practical pointers for use as appraisee in GP role. Good use of scenarios and mixing up participants. Everyone involved and engaged.
More customer reviews
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
Our leadership training is run in the London area, at your business premises. It can also be delivered for companies elsewhere in the UK, through our network of professionally qualified trainers, or at a external venue of your choice.
Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We can deliver in-house leadership courses to companies across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland