Conflict and Resilience Course
Learn techniques for effectively managing customer conflict, as well as building resilience.
A practical one-day course which develops skills for customer conflict management. It also includes building resilience training for customer-facing staff.
To introduce practical conflict resolution and personal resilience techniques and strategies that team members can effectively utilise, when managing customer conflict situations in the workplace.
We also offer a separate one-day conflict resolution course for managers and team leaders.
This conflict and resilience training equips staff in customer-facing roles with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively respond to customer conflict, including aggressive or intimidating behaviour. The course is suitable for face-to-face or telephone based customer service or sales staff.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in preventing and managing conflict in the workplace.
- Recognised their preferred approach when faced with conflict and adopt alternative strategies to resolve it.
- Understood the relationship between thoughts and behaviours and managed their thoughts to remain positive and confident.
- Demonstrated how to handle challenging customer situations in a positive, assertive and empathetic manner.
- Developed their own toolkit for managing stress and maintaining resilience.
Thomas Kilmann conflict styles
- Understanding different styles and responses to conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Understanding and managing thoughts and beliefs
- Beliefs and behaviours
- Applying to conflict, confidence and stress
- Facilitator tips, discussion with practical exercise
Preventing and managing conflict
- Controlling the challenging customer situations with assertiveness and empathy
- Demonstration, facilitator tips and practice sessions
Developing a stress and resilience toolkit
- An introduction to stress awareness
- Review of current coping strategies and sharing best practice
- Techniques to use before, during and after the customer conversation
- Team support and positivity – maintaining a positive atmosphere while working in a negative ‘environment’
- Testing out the use of current and new strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading to prepare for the training
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Conflict and resilience training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the conflict and resilience course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £895 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
Type of course: In-house
Our resilience training is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. The minimum number of course participants is 3, read why.
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house resilience training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Testimonials from previous attendees
Fun and informative. Thought provoking.
I’m so grateful for all the tools I learnt today and I look forward to apply them all at work.