Conflict and Resilience Course
Learn techniques for effectively managing customer conflict, as well as building resilience.
A practical one-day course which develops skills for customer conflict management. It also includes building resilience training for customer-facing staff.
To introduce practical conflict resolution and personal resilience techniques and strategies that team members can effectively utilise, when managing customer conflict situations in the workplace.
We also offer a separate one-day Workplace Conflict Resolution Course for managers and team leaders.
This conflict and resilience training equips staff in customer-facing roles with the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively respond to customer conflict, including aggressive or intimidating behaviour. The course is suitable for face-to-face or telephone based customer service or sales staff.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in preventing and managing conflict in the workplace.
- Recognised their preferred approach when faced with conflict and adopt alternative strategies to resolve it.
- Understood the relationship between thoughts and behaviours and managed their thoughts to remain positive and confident.
- Demonstrated how to handle challenging customer situations in a positive, assertive and empathetic manner.
- Developed their own toolkit for managing stress and maintaining resilience.
Thomas Kilmann conflict styles
- Understanding different styles and responses to conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Understanding and managing thoughts and beliefs
- Beliefs and behaviours
- Applying to conflict, confidence and stress
- Facilitator tips, discussion with practical exercise
Preventing and managing conflict
- Controlling the challenging customer situations with assertiveness and empathy
- Demonstration, facilitator tips and practice sessions
Developing a stress and resilience toolkit
- An introduction to stress awareness
- Review of current coping strategies and sharing best practice
- Techniques to use before, during and after the customer conversation
- Team support and positivity – maintaining a positive atmosphere while working in a negative ‘environment’
- Testing out the use of current and new strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The building resilience training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading to prepare for the training
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
We will deliver the conflict and building resilience training at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We have professionally qualified trainers who deliver conflict and resilience training in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke resilience training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Fun and informative. Thought provoking.
I’m so grateful for all the tools I learnt today and I look forward to apply them all at work.