High Performance Teams Course
Build high performing teams in your organisation.
Raise team motivation and performance levels to achieve your business goals, with our high performance teams course.
The high performance teams course is designed to help managers and team leaders develop the knowledge and skills to create and maintain a high performance team.
We will utilise the Belbin Team Roles model and self perception inventory to raise self awareness of participant’s preferred team role within a team, as well as the other behavioural characteristics that need to be present to achieve a high performing team.
Participants will also learn techniques that will engage and inspire their teams to achieve a higher level of team performance and synergy.
By the end of the high performing teams training, the participants will have:
- Identified strategies to manage the different behavioural roles people take within a team and ways to improve team dynamics
- Established personal strategies and actions that will build and maintain a high performing team
- Communicated their own team vision in an engaging way to encourage team member “buy in”
Characteristics of high performance teams
- Defining a team
- Stages of group development
- Group exercise ‘shapes’ and review, facilitator presentation, small group and individual exercise
Achieving high performing team dynamics
- Introduction to Belbin Team Roles
- Characteristics and functions of each Team Role
- Review of own preferred Team Roles
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion, small group activity, individual review of own Self Perception Inventory report
- Building a high performance team case study
- Motivating employees
- Giving feedback
- Team role dynamics within own team
- Small group exercise reviewing case study and group presentation and discussion, individual reflective exercise with co-coaching
Creating a high team performance management culture
- Nine steps to leading high performing teams
- Improving own team performance management
- Activity, review performance guide to Leading High Performing Teams, individual exercise and co-coaching
Creating a compelling vision
- Steps to creating a compelling vision
- Tips on conveying your vision
- Short facilitator presentation, individual visioning activity followed by presentation and feedback in small groups
Adapting your leadership style
- Review of leadership styles and when to use
- Adapting to each person and situation
- Group discussion, presentation, paired exercise, individual reflective exercise
- Review of learning and action planning
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
This team building course is run as “in-house training”, at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
Our professionally qualified trainers deliver in-house high performing teams training to companies across the UK, in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke team building course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
The course was well organised, efficient, good pace, enthusiastic. Clear instruction with sufficient time for exercises and breaks. Highly recommended.
Interesting. Enjoyed the day.