Influencing Skills Course
Learn new skills and strategies for influencing people.
This one-day course helps delegates develop their influencing and persuasion skills, building confidence and rapport, to enhance personal impact.
This course is designed to help delegates become more influential, persuasive and successful in the workplace.
Run in a practical and fun environment, the training develops the delegates’ ability to successfully collaborate with others, at different levels in their organisation. Importantly, delegates learn effective persuasion skills to achieve more of their desired outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective influencing skills in a variety of situations
- Improve their ability to overcome resistance in others
- Respond to diverse personalities using a variety of communication styles and bargaining powers
Impact of a Powerful Communicator
- How your behaviour impacts on your chances of success when trying to influence others
My Personal Impact
- Understanding the power of having strong personal impact to confidently influence others
Communicating with Impact
- Using rapport building techniques, and persuasion and influencing skills to create a positive impact
- Using a self assessment you will consider the impact of your preferred style of influencing
- How to use Johari Window to develop your internal and external networks
- How to deal with the resistance you face from others
- Preparing yourself to influence others in the future
- How will you influence more effectively and create greater impact in the future.
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with coaching tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Influencing skills training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the influencing training course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £895 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £950 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £995 +VAT
Type of course: In-house
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
Get a quote
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house influencing skills training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Testimonials from previous attendees
Found the [influencing] course to be very useful and enjoyable. Lee was very knowledgeable and good at sharing his experiences.
Very informative session. Great interactive sections. A lot to take back into practice. Thank you.
A very good session. I have been able to identify what influencing skills I use and how I can adapt them when communicating with different people.
I really like that it is not generic and is tailored through the understanding of people’s individual styles.
This training would normally put fear into me, but the delivery method and support given was exceptional, giving me the confidence and positiveness required to say that I can do this. Thank you.
I really enjoyed the [influencing skills] training today and have learnt a lot. I will be able to use my new skills in my role. Lee has helped to build my confidence. He is very friendly and knowledgeable.