Influencing Skills Course
Learn new skills and strategies for influencing people.
This one-day course helps develop influencing and persuasion skills, building confidence and rapport, to enhance personal impact. Also available as ‘bite-size’ virtual training via Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
This influencing course is designed to help participants become more influential, persuasive and successful in the workplace.
Run in a practical and fun environment, the training develops the ability to successfully collaborate with others, at different levels in their organisation. Participants also learn effective persuasion skills to achieve more of their desired outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective influencing skills in a variety of situations
- Improve their ability to overcome resistance in others
- Respond to diverse personalities using a variety of communication styles and bargaining powers
Impact of a Powerful Communicator
- How your behaviour impacts on your chances of success when trying to influence others
My Personal Impact
- Understanding the power of having strong personal impact to confidently influence others
- Adjusting to others’ communication preferences to better connect and influence a positive outcome for both parties
Communicating with Impact
- Using rapport building techniques and influencing skills to create a positive impact
- Using a self-assessment you will consider the impact of your preferred style of influencing
- How to use Johari Window to develop your networks
- How to deal with the resistance you face from others
- Preparing yourself to influence others in the future
- How will you influence more effectively and create greater impact in the future
The training will be supported with:
- Optional participant pre-course reading
- A participant journal with tips, techniques and space for personal notes. For a sustainable solution, we offer editable journals for online use
- A participant and Manager Coaching Guide to help embed the learning
Testimonials from previous attendees
Excellent. Use knowledge more effectively in my day to day with team.
Found the [influencing] course to be very useful and enjoyable. Lee was very knowledgeable and good at sharing his experiences.
Very informative session. Great interactive sections. A lot to take back into practice. Thank you.
A very good session. I have been able to identify what influencing skills I use and how I can adapt them when communicating with different people.
I really like that it is not generic and is tailored through the understanding of people’s individual styles.
This training would normally put fear into me, but the delivery method and support given was exceptional, giving me the confidence and positiveness required to say that I can do this. Thank you.
I really enjoyed the [influencing skills] training today and have learnt a lot. I will be able to use my new skills in my role. Lee has helped to build my confidence. He is very friendly and knowledgeable.