Change Management Course
Effectively manage organisational and cultural change.
A highly practical one-day change management training course, which can be tailored to your needs. The training focuses on developing the critical skills to effectively managing change in the workplace and covers how to motivate people through the change process.
To provide leaders and managers with clear insights on how to effectively motivate people through corporate culture or organisational change. It will also equip them with some effective skills and knowledge for managing and communicating change.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- An appreciation of the impact of organisational change on people
- Identified ways they can positively lead and motivate people through cultural or organisational change
- Developed skills for effectively communicating change
- Identified ways they can help team members cope with change
The case for managing change
- Experiencing change
- Recognising the impact change can have on standards
- Facilitator presentation, The ‘Change Game’ exercise and group review
Our experience of change/change management principles
- Drawing upon past experiences of change
- Nine key principles of managing change
- Small group exercise, facilitator review and presentation
Emotional responses to change
- Business and personal impact of failing to deal with people’s needs & concerns
- Identifying our own response to change
- DREC change curve
- Practical activity in small groups with group learning review
Compelling reasons for change
- Responding to resistance
- Conveying compelling reasons for change
- Video clip, small group review of case study, group discussion
Clear vision and objectives for change
- Three steps to creating a clear vision
- Imaging your vision
- Facilitator presentation, imaging exercise in small groups, group presentations and feedback
Building momentum and managing resistance to change
- Driving momentum
- Recognising the reasons for resistance
- Our reactions to resistance
- Dealing with resistance with the right change management strategy
- Brainstorming exercise, ‘Blankety Blank’ exercise, group discussion, ‘Wall of Resistance’ exercise and review
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
The change management training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
The change management course is delivered as “in-house training” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house change management training to companies across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke change management training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Engaging + inciteful to the different areas of change. Clear in delivery and helping people understand.
One of the most relevant courses I have been on, for a long while.
I genuinely didn’t want the session to end. Very informative, enjoyable course. Mel’s training style was very engaging.