Change Management Course
Managing organisational and cultural change for managers.
A practical one-day change management training course, which can be tailored to your needs. The training focuses on developing the critical skills needed to effectively manage change in the workplace. It also covers how to motivate people through the change process.
To provide leaders and managers with clear insights on how to effectively motivate people through corporate culture or organisational change. The training will also equip them with some effective skills and knowledge for managing and communicating change.
By the end of this one-day change management course, the participants will have:
- An appreciation of the impact of organisational change on people
- Identified ways they can positively lead and motivate people through cultural or organisational change
- Developed skills for effectively communicating change
- Identified ways they can help team members cope with change
The case for managing change
- Experiencing change
- Recognising the impact change can have on standards
- Facilitator presentation, The ‘Change Game’ exercise and group review
Our experience of change/change management principles
- Drawing upon past experiences of change
- Nine key principles of managing change
- Small group exercise, facilitator review and presentation
Emotional responses to change
- Business and personal impact of failing to deal with people’s needs & concerns
- Identifying our own response to change
- DREC change curve
- Practical activity in small groups with group learning review
Compelling reasons for change
- Responding to resistance
- Conveying compelling reasons for change
- Video clip, small group review of case study, group discussion
Clear vision and objectives for change
- Three steps to creating a clear vision
- Imaging your vision
- Facilitator presentation, imaging exercise in small groups, group presentations and feedback
Building momentum and managing resistance to change
- Driving momentum
- Recognising the reasons for resistance
- Our reactions to resistance
- Dealing with resistance with the right change management strategy
- Brainstorming exercise, ‘Blankety Blank’ exercise, group discussion, ‘Wall of Resistance’ exercise and review
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
The managing change training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Change management training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the change management training course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £950 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £995 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £1095 +VAT
Type of course: In-house or Virtual
Our change management course is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. Also available as 'bite-size' virtual training by Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
The minimum number of course participants is 3, read why.
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
Testimonials from previous attendees
Engaging + inciteful to the different areas of change. Clear in delivery and helping people understand.
One of the most relevant courses I have been on, for a long while.
I genuinely didn’t want the session to end. Very informative, enjoyable course. Mel’s training style was very engaging.