Minute Taking Course
Learn effective minute taking and grow your confidence to administer meetings.
Run ‘in-house’, our one-day minute taking courses include practical tips and techniques for taking minutes, aimed at improving meeting productivity.
Perfect for busy administrators, secretaries or PA’s, the KSL minute taking course suits people with all levels of experience, who wish to improve their effectiveness at producing minutes of meetings. In addition, the training includes practical exercises to help build your confidence as a minute taker.
By the end of the minute taking training, the participants will have:
- Identified all the actions needed to prepare and set up a meeting effectively, to ensure maximum attendance
- Learnt how to write and issue meeting agendas and convening notices
- Worked with the chairman during the meeting, and obtained his/her help with their minute taking
- Discussed how to behave confidently and assertively as a key person at meetings
- Obtained clarification and identified the decisions of the meeting
- Taken accurate notes during a meeting and converted them into effective minutes
To allow delegates to practice the role of a meeting administrator and minute taker, the taking minutes course is run in the context of a meeting in a ‘boardroom’ format:
Preparing for an effective meeting
- Types of meetings
- Duties of a meeting administrator – before, during and after a meeting
- Understanding the role of the minute taker
- Preparing the meeting room – identifying the participants
- Revolving flipchart exercise, review of checklist, facilitated whole group discussion
- Producing agendas and convening notices
- Facilitator presentation, pairs exercise, facilitated group review
Contributing at the meeting
- Taking notes
- Supporting the chair
- Obtaining clarification assertively
- Facilitated group discussion, pairs practice exercise, facilitated learning review
- Best practice for writing minutes
- Small group exercise, facilitated group review and discussion
- Contributing agenda item
- Leading agenda point discussion
- Effective minute taking
- Large group simulated meeting exercise, with facilitated group review
Minute taking practice
- Review of notes and preparing minutes
- Converting notes into final minutes
- Individual exercise, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection, action planning exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
The minute taking training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading on minute taking
- A colour printed workbook with presentation tips, techniques and space for personal notes
The minute taking training is run “in-house” at the business premises of our client, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We have local trainers across the UK, who can run in-house minute taking courses in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke minute taking course?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
I have come away feeling very positive going forward.
Excellent support from Simon. Very knowledgeable and approachable. Have learnt essentials and will aim to keep up progress in this area going forward.
I’ve taken a lot of information and skills to use in the future.
I really enjoyed the training. it was very beneficial to my role and I look forward to putting these skills into practice. the trainer was friendly and engaging.
John made the training very enjoyable and was very knowledgeable.
Great content. Increased confidence to take minutes.