Creativity and Innovation Course
Improve innovation and develop creative thinking in your workplace.
An inspirational one-day creativity and innovation training course to develop creative thinking – for managers and work teams. Also available as a bite-size virtual course, run collaboratively over Zoom videoconferencing.
To provide managers and specialists with a range of simple creative thinking techniques that they can use to generate ideas and solve problems at work. Real life work problems and opportunities can also be built into the training, to help generate some ideas and potential solutions that can be implemented at work.
By the end of this creativity and innovation training, the participants will have:
- An understanding of why some people are naturally creative, but also how everyone can develop their creative skills
- Knowledge of how to use a range of creative thinking methods, tools and techniques to generate ideas and solve problems
- The opportunity to apply the methods and tools to generate ideas for improving areas of their own work
Benefits of using a creative approach
- Facilitator presentation, participant personal introductions and ice breaker
Recognising the difference between creativity & innovation
- Understanding the cycle of innovation
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
Breaking through thought patterns and assumptions
- Recognising left and right brain thinking
- Identifying how creative we are
- Individual creative thinking exercise, group review and self assessment questionnaire
- Simple methods and techniques to develop creativity
- Identifying ways to further develop creative thinking
- Individual practical exercises and group review
Methods and tools for generating ideas
- Brainstorming or blue sky thinking session
- Reverse brainstorming
- Sort cards or mind maps
- Sticky notes/Metaplanning technique
- Identifying when best to use each idea generation technique
- Facilitator technique demonstration with group plus learning review
Logical versus lateral thinking
- Recognising the differences between lateral and logical thinking
- Appreciating our strengths
- Energiser exercise, short presentation, ‘Message in a bottle” exercise, review
Creative problem solving
- Creative problem solving techniques
- Using the problem checklist, “go wild” and 5 whys
- Applying to work related problems
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, pairs or trios exercise
Applying the learning
- Turning creative ideas into action
- Small group practical problem solving and creative thinking activities, group feedback and review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Creativity and innovation training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the creativity and innovation training on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-4 participants £950 +VAT
- 5-6 participants £995 +VAT
- 7-12 participants £1095 +VAT
Type of course: In-house or Virtual
Our creativity and innovation course is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. Also available as 'bite-size' virtual training by Zoom videoconferencing. The minimum number of course participants is 3, read why.
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house creativity and innovation training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
This course is also available in a virtual learning format, run in bite-size sessions.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Really engaging and fun – exactly what you want from a course on creativity.
Really insightful and enjoyable. Good balance of theory and exercises.
I thought the course was run brilliantly! Very interactive and everyone got involved.
Excellent training – enjoyed the format of the course. 100% interactive. Takeaways include brainstorming, negative brainstorming, and SOCS.
Very enjoyable and I learnt new techniques which I will be able to apply day to day.
Fun, enabled me to think of new ways to create ideas.
Ann pushed us into achieving far more than we thought possible and has left us with tools and skills we didn’t know we had.
Enjoyed the day – developed a way of harnessing creative thinking in a workable process.