Improve your sales skills with consultative selling techniques.
A practical two-day intermediate sales training course to boost results and build customer rapport, with a consultative sales approach.
This course is ideal for anyone seeking intermediate level sales skills training. The majority of participants attending our sales skills courses are either in full-time sales or business development roles, or are required to sell as part of their role.
The training is also useful for people wanting to improve their consultative selling skills and long-term customer relationships when selling business-to-business (B2B) services or high value consumer goods and services. In addition, the sales skills course can be adapted for professional selling skills, consultative and solution selling.
- To maximise results, we offer consultative selling training tailored to your marketplace and industry sectors. We will also use your own examples of customers, clients and targets for discussion and role-play practise.
- Although the sales skills training can be delivered as two consecutive days, it also works very well delivered over two separate days. This allows time for application in-between the training.
- We are experienced at providing bespoke sales training courses, combined with coaching and longer-term programmes to meet your specific organisation goals and sales objectives.
This selling skills training course will develop the participants’ skills, behaviours and confidence to enable them to sell to client needs and develop long-term relationships. The training aims to provide participants with a range of selling tools and techniques that will enable them to adopt a confident consultative and solutions-based approach when selling.
By the end of this two-day sales training course, the participants will:
- Understand the consultative sales approach and the style of selling that is appropriate for their business and their clients
- Follow a sales process to guide their conversations and sales meetings
- Prepare thoroughly for a sales meeting/contact with a client to ensure they use their time efficiently and maximise results
- Create a great first impression and professional opening to a sales conversation
- Ask open questions and listen effectively in order to spot opportunities, understand needs and progress the sale
- Identify and understand buying and decision-making processes and criteria
- Skilfully and confidently handle questions and objections
- Sell the benefits of your products over those of your competitors
- Progress the sale by agreeing next steps and closing appropriately
- Introduction to consultative selling
- What is selling?
- Who are you selling to?
- The buying experience
- What buyers want
- The sales process
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercises
- Preparing for a sales interaction
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
- Opening the sales relationship/sales meeting
- What potential customers are thinking
- Judging first impressions
- Creating positive first impressions
- Building rapport and creating interest and impact
- Earning the right
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercises
- Listening skills
- Barriers to listening
- Active listening
- Listening and rapport building practice
- Small group exercise, facilitated group discussion
- Questioning skills
- Types of questions
- Questioning funnel
- Presentation, group exercise, practical activities in pairs
- Understanding and identifying needs and opportunities
- Qualification part one
- Developing qualification questions
- Facilitator presentation, group exercise
- Learning review and feedback
- Review workshop and personal objectives
- Close of Day One
- Recognising buying processes
- Qualification part two
- Developing a competitive edge
- Application to your customers
- Facilitated group discussion and exercise
- Putting consultative selling into practise
- Goldfish bowl exercise
- Stepping into the shoes of the buyer
- Practising a first meeting
- Introducing solutions
- Speaking the customer’s language
- Features and benefits
- Benefit cycle
- Small group exercise with facilitated group review, presentation
- Handling objections and concerns
- Typical objections and concerns
- Objection-handling model
- The price objection
- First meeting practice – including objections
- Gaining commitment
- Small C and big C
- Buying signals
- Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning, current skills and action planning
- Final questions
- Course feedback
- Close of Day Two
This sales training course will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisations’ sales model and targets. There will be:
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, demonstration and discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with facilitated group review of learning
- Group discussion
- Practise sessions in pairs or trios with feedback and coaching
The sales skills training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or reading
- A colour printed workbook with ‘how to sell’ tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Another really great session. Thank you so much Jacqueline. Over the four sessions to develop sales and negotiation skills, you have managed to provide clear, well structured processes, strategies and theories and then allowed the team to bring them to life and get really good at using them.
Real change has occurred within many of the team, and they are thinking much more articulately about the relationships and skills needed to be credible, progressive business managers…
Looking forward to more fantastic tips and ideas when you join us again to deliver the master class at Christmas.
Melinda Nicholds-Brown, NB-Consulting
More customer reviews
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
The selling skills training is delivered “in-house” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice.
Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
With local trainers right across the UK, we can deliver in-house sales training to companies in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland