Sales Skills Course
Improve your sales skills with consultative selling techniques.
A practical two-day intermediate sales training course to boost results and build customer rapport, with a consultative sales approach.
This selling skills training will develop the participants’ skills, behaviours and confidence to enable them to sell to client needs and develop long-term relationships. The training aims to provide participants with a range of selling tools and techniques that will enable them to adopt a confident consultative and solutions-based approach when selling.
This course is ideal for anyone seeking intermediate level sales skills training. The majority of participants attending our sales skills courses are either in full-time sales or business development roles, or are required to sell as part of their role.
The training is also useful for people wanting to improve their consultative selling skills and long-term customer relationships when selling business-to-business (B2B) services or high value consumer goods and services. In addition, the sales skills course can be adapted for professional selling skills, consultative and solution selling.
- To maximise results, we offer consultative selling training tailored to your marketplace and industry sectors. We will also use your own examples of customers, clients and targets for discussion and role-play practise.
- Although the sales skills training can be delivered as two consecutive days, it also works very well delivered over two separate days. This allows time for application in-between the training.
- We are experienced at providing bespoke sales training courses, combined with coaching and longer-term programmes to meet your specific organisation goals and sales objectives.
By the end of this two-day sales training course, the participants will:
- Understand the consultative sales approach and the style of selling that is appropriate for their business and their clients
- Follow a sales process to guide their conversations and sales meetings
- Prepare thoroughly for a sales meeting/contact with a client to ensure they use their time efficiently and maximise results
- Create a great first impression and professional opening to a sales conversation
- Ask open questions and listen effectively in order to spot opportunities, understand needs and progress the sale
- Identify and understand buying and decision-making processes and criteria
- Skilfully and confidently handle questions and objections
- Sell the benefits of your products over those of your competitors
- Progress the sale by agreeing next steps and closing appropriately
Introduction to consultative selling
- What is selling?
- Who are you selling to?
- The buying experience
- What buyers want
- The sales process
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercises
- Preparing for a sales interaction
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
Opening the sales relationship/sales meeting
- What potential customers are thinking
- Judging first impressions
- Creating positive first impressions
- Building rapport and creating interest and impact
- Earning the right
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercises
- Barriers to listening
- Active listening
- Listening and rapport building practice
- Small group exercise, facilitated group discussion
- Types of questions
- Questioning funnel
- Presentation, group exercise, practical activities in pairs
Understanding and identifying needs and opportunities
- Qualification part one
- Developing qualification questions
- Facilitator presentation, group exercise
Learning review and feedback
- Review workshop and personal objectives
Recognising buying processes
- Qualification part two
- Developing a competitive edge
- Application to your customers
- Facilitated group discussion and exercise
Putting consultative selling into practise
- Goldfish bowl exercise
- Stepping into the shoes of the buyer
- Practising a first meeting
- Speaking the customer’s language
- Features and benefits
- Benefit cycle
- Small group exercise with facilitated group review, presentation
Handling objections and concerns
- Typical objections and concerns
- Objection-handling model
- The price objection
First meeting practice – including objections
- Gaining commitment
- Small C and big C
- Buying signals
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning, current skills and action planning
- Final questions
- Course feedback
The sales training will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisations’ sales model and targets. There will be:
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, demonstration and discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with facilitated group review of learning
- Group discussion
- Practise sessions in pairs or trios with feedback and coaching
The sales skills training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or reading
- A colour printed workbook with ‘how to sell’ tips, techniques and space for personal notes
The selling skills training is delivered “in-house” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
With local trainers right across the UK, we deliver in-house sales training courses to companies in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need bespoke selling skills training?
At KSL Training, all our in-house courses include some tailoring to your business, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost.
Fully Bespoke Training
To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Really good mix of theory and role play. Both days went really well – flew by!
Very useful suggestions with a practical use. Trainer was also very flexible with regards to our needs.
Very enjoyable and useful. The team appear to have absorbed a great deal. I look forward to following up.
Real change has occurred within many of the team, and they are thinking much more articulately about the relationships and skills needed to be credible, progressive business managers.