Emotional Intelligence Course
Develop your interpersonal skills with our Emotional Intelligence training.
A practical emotional intelligence course which gives useful insights into how emotions shape our behaviour and how we can use this to inspire high performance.
To increase participants’ knowledge of “EQ” and to improve their interpersonal and intra-personal skills, as well as their adaptability, stress management and general mood.
Our emotional intelligence training builds an understanding of how emotions shape who we are, how we relate to others and how to improve relationships. Participants will leave with tools that shine a light on what EQ is and how to use it to great effect.
By the end of this two-day emotional intelligence course, the participants will have:
- Gained an insight into emotional intelligence, what it is and how you can use it
- Developed an awareness of the BarOn EQ-i model, used to measure emotional intelligence
- Developed self awareness and self management of personal emotions
- Explored ways to advance personal emotional intelligence
- Recognised emotions in others, responding to those emotions in order to inspire high performance
- Understood the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before action
The course focuses on:
- Definition of EQ is and its key components – BarOn EQ-i
- Occupational EQ and self-awareness
- Empathy & relationships for improved communications
- Managing your own emotions to positive outcomes
- Understanding change & others – difference in communication and decision-making
- Self-motivation & SOCS problem-solving
The latest thinking on EQ will be shared with the group and there will be regular opportunities for skills practice in both small and larger groups. Skills will be reviewed for continuous improvement.
The learning will have four fundamental principles which will be:
- Highly engaging – (methods that talk to the ‘head and heart’)
- Interactive – (mix of experience, discussion and practice)
- Innovative – (latest thinking & tools) and…
- Encourage participation – (a ‘Socratic’ learning methodology applied) so that delegates take ownership of their own development and future behaviour.
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire
- A set of colour printed course materials with space for personal notes
Emotional intelligence training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the emotional intelligence course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 4-8 participants £1200 +VAT
- 4-8 participants £2400 +VAT
Type of course: In-house or Virtual
The emotional intelligence training is run at the business premises of our client, on an agreed date. Also available as 'bite-size' virtual training by Zoom videoconferencing.
See Virtual Course Outline
The minimum number of course participants is 4, read why.
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
In-House Training Locations
Our specialist trainer delivers in-house emotional intelligence training for companies in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
This course is also available in a virtual learning format, run in bite-size sessions.
Testimonials from previous attendees
Very insightful content and form. Good programme. Dynamic – Great – I feel ‘happy’ on this 2 days training and will relay to my team.
Demystified/made a seemingly complex topic seem not complex at all.