This virtual modular management development programme is perfect for those new to managing a team or those without previous management training. The programme will help team leaders and junior managers acquire some basic techniques for getting the best out of their team members, particularly whilst they work in a remote environment.
Management Essentials – Course Overview
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Explain their role and responsibilities as a manager of team members and the likely expectations of the business and the team they manage.
- Provide clear and engaging direction to their team members in a remote and face-to-face environment.
- Give constructive and motivational feedback to team members on their
- Motivate and coach their team members to enhance performance.
- Delegate tasks effectively to team members.
- Recognise the characteristics of high performing teams and identify ways to engender effective team and remote working.
- Recognise different styles of communication and how to adapt their communication to create understanding and rapport with others.
- Identify ways to help team members cope with change in the workplace.
- Practice techniques for managing conflict in the workplace.
The six modules include:
- Module 1: Role of the Manager
- Module 2: Managing Performance
- Module 3: Coaching for High Performance
- Module 4: Delegating Tasks and Projects
- Module 5: Building High Performance Teams
- Module 6: Managing Change & Conflict
The programme will work best with:
- One cohort of participants attending all of the modules
- Learning application and targeted tasks between modules
- 3 to 4 weeks between modules
Duration for “Bite-Size” Session: 3 hours including break
Duration of Full Programme: 6 x 3 hours
Participant Numbers: 2 – 8
Virtual Meeting Platform: Zoom (other options available)
Testimonials from previous clients
I loved this training. The example scenarios were applicable to real life. We took away specific actionable areas for improvement.
I personally found this really helpful, not just as an individual, but for us as a management team, to understand one another.