Negotiation Skills Course
Learn the art of effective negotiation.
Two days of advanced negotiation training with lots of valuable tips, tools and techniques for effective sales negotiation and objection handling.
To enable participants to negotiate constructively with customers and to carry out a negotiation that creates a ‘win-win’ outcome for all parties.
The training builds on participants’ existing negotiation skills and gives them additional tools and techniques to take their skills to the next level. The course also develops the mindset of a successful negotiator.
For experienced sales people who want to improve their negotiation skills and operate at a senior level in their client organisations.
This negotiation skills training is for businesses and individuals who want to learn to negotiate effectively and maintain a strong ongoing relationship with the other party.
By the end of the two-day negotiation skills course, delegates will have:
- Learnt how negotiation fits into the sales/purchase process and how to handle the price objection effectively, to either remove the need to negotiate, or to create a more advantageous foundation from which to negotiate.
- Understood different styles of negotiation and how they can negotiate constructively with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Applied the principles of effective negotiation and the five stages within their practise negotiation conversations.
- Clearly identified their objectives, entry and exit points and tradeables within a negotiation discussion that they may have with a customer.
- Enhanced their communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain rapport and achieve a win-win outcome through negotiation.
- Practised tested negotiation strategies
- Understood the principles of effective negotiation, including the five stages of negotiating.
This course will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- The trainer will introduce the negotiations process and the underlying skills and techniques
- There will be lots of individual and small group exercises to practise negotiation skills and techniques
- Each participant will have the opportunity to practise at least two negotiations with another party
- Course objectives and outline for the day
Negotiating and Selling
- Negotiation as part of the sales process
- Handling the price objection
- What is negotiation?
- Negotiation exercise
Golden rules of negotiating
Planning sales negotiations – stage 1
- Objectives – seller and buyer
- Tradeables – seller and buyer
- Entry and exit points
- Negotiations planner
- Introduction to case study
Communication skills refresher
- Body language
Negotiation discussions – stage 2
- Testing assumptions
- Identifying and exchanging information
- Application and practise using case study
Rapport and relationships
- Co-operation activity
Proposing – stage 3
- Techniques and skills to advance the sales negotiation
- Application using case study
Behaviours, beliefs and emotions in sales negotiations
- Constructive beliefs for negotiating
- Managing our emotions
- Introduction to assertiveness
- Assertive behaviour – words, voice & body language
Bargaining and settling – stages 4 and 5
- Moving to definite proposals
- Settling – reaching agreement and setting action plans
- Applying to the case study
Negotiation strategy and tactics
- Techniques that buyers use and how to respond
- Tips, tactics and tools
Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
- Course feedback
This sales negotiation training course is run “in-house” at your business premises, anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver sales and negotiation skills courses to companies across the UK, including the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke negotiation training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£550 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Really helpful training – lots of opportunity to practice and time to think things over.
Thoroughly enjoyed the two days training. The course ran at a steady pace with plenty of time for discussion. Some interesting role play which made you think.
Enjoyed the informal but focused nature of the training.
I found the role playing very helpful, it gave me more confidence.