Mel OwersSenior Training Consultant
Areas of expertise
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Executive Coaching
- Performance Management
- Recruitment & Selection
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Occupational, Ability & Personality Testing. Qualified in MBTI, 16PF5, OPQ, EQ-I 2.0 & EQ360 assessments
- Chartered Fellow of CIPD
- Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching Qualification
- APM Certificate in Project Management and Prince 2 qualified
- Certificate in the Psychology of Management
- CIPD ‘Experience Assessor’ since 2013
- IiP Investors in People internal assessor
Mel Owers Chartered Fellow CIPD, is a business psychologist and training consultant with over fifteen years strategic and operational business experience. He is based in Bromley, Kent.
Mel is an outstanding trainer who has extensive expertise with UK and international delegates. He has an in-depth knowledge of business psychology, training needs analysis, design, delivery and evaluation. In addition, he has the CIPD’s Certificate in the Psychology of Management. As well as this, he is qualified in project management, coaching, psychometric ability testing and personality assessment. He uses these skills in selection, assessment, training and executive coaching.
Mel Owers has been recognised by the CIPD on the basis of cutting edge expertise by invitation to their Psychology Faculty. In addition, his role as Organisational Development Manager at HM Treasury means that his practical experience is considerable.
This includes the management of large scale recruitment, introduction of a competency framework, achievement of IiP status, improvement of employee engagement, as well as the development of talent management and succession planning systems.
Mel is an excellent communicator with a flexible style of teaching.