Acquire basic sales skills and gain confidence to make telephone or face-to-face sales.
This one-day basic sales training course provides a comprehensive introduction to successful selling. Participants learn customer-focused selling techniques as well as new skills for starting a sales conversation, building client rapport, selling a particular product or service and closing the sale.
- This sales course is ideal for anyone new to a sales role, or who has a little experience but no formal training and would like to understand more about the sales process and develop their selling skills.
- The sales training will be tailored to your marketplace and industry sectors and we will use your own examples of customers, clients and targets for discussion and role-play practise.
As a follow-on to the introductory sales training, we also offer intermediate sales training aimed at consultants, experts and professionals. This two-day course further develops the participants’ selling skills in progressing the sale, gaining customer commitment and overcoming customer concerns and objections.
This introduction to selling course will develop the participants’ skills, behaviour and confidence to sell over the telephone and face-to-face. The training aims to provide participants with an understanding of core sales principles and basic sales skills to convert sales enquiries into business.
By the end of this one-day basic sales training, the participants will:
- Understand what makes a great sales person.
- Follow a customer-focused sales process to guide their sales conversations and match the buying cycle.
- Create a great first impression and opening to a sales conversation.
- Identify needs and opportunities through effective questioning and listening.
- Introduce services and products using features and benefits.
- Gain commitment from customers when closing the customer conversation.
- What makes a good sales person?
- Exercise – a typical sales person
- What is selling?
- Behaviours, skills and mindset of a good sales person
- Facilitator presentation, small group activity, plenary discussion, individual reflection
- How people buy
- The buying process
- Principles of great customer-focused selling
- The sales model
- Applying to your business and role
- Facilitator input, discussion, partner work
- Opening a sales conversation
- Outbound and inbound sales calls
- Face-to-face meetings
- First impressions
- The impact of verbal and non-verbal behaviour
- Building rapport
- Importance of rapport and relationships
- How we build rapport in a sales context
- Levels of rapport
- Small group work, facilitator input
- Fact finding and uncovering needs
- Listening skills; face-to-face and on the telephone
- Active listening
- Questioning skills
- Open and closed questions
- Small group exercises, facilitator input, discussion
- Developing questions related to typical buyers and the organisation’s products and services
- Small group work
- Proposing a solution
- Defining features, advantages and benefits
- Understanding the features, advantages and benefits of your products and services
- Presentation, group exercise, practical activities in pairs
- Closing the call and gaining commitment
- What is closing?
- Barriers to closing
- Checking skills
- Buying signals
- Asking for the business/next steps
- Facilitator input, partner work
- Practice sessions
- Practising a ‘real’ sales scenario in triads
- Group review of learning
- Follow through
- Importance of organisational skills and follow-up
- Follow-up actions
- Monitoring next steps
- Buyer’s remorse
- Facilitation and group discussion
- Learning review and feedback
- Review workshop and personal objectives
The basic sales skills training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading introducing basic sales techniques for non-sales people.
- A colour printed workbook with selling tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Full of energy and motivational.
Sarah Barnett, Peach Professional
Excellent! Found the course really useful. It has provided me with the knowledge and confidence to be able to interact with others in a selling arena.
Ian Williamson, Peach Professional
Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Helped me to identify the skills that I already have but didn’t have the confidence to use.
Michelle Clarkson, Peach Professional
Jacqueline was a great trainer, putting up with all and any distractions and giving us a brilliant training session.
Dannielle Watt, Customer Relations Manager, MyBuilder.com
Very enjoyable and useful. The team appear to have absorbed a great deal. I look forward to following up.
Peter Wellock, Head of Service, MyBuilder.com
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
Our sales courses are delivered as “in-house training” at the business premises of our client anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We deliver in-house sales training anywhere in the UK, with local trainers in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland