Feel confident with your new-found sales skills.
Basic sales training for beginners, with no previous selling experience.
This one-day sales for non-sales people training course is ideal for consultants, experts and professionals who are moving into a role that involves selling. The training is suitable for those who need to understand the sales process and underlying skills and behaviour.
We also offer a wide range of sales training courses to meet different sales capabilities, as well as bespoke training programmes to meet specific organisation goals.
- This one-day basic selling skills course introduces participants to tools and techniques for selling in a way that makes it easy for buyers to buy. It also builds delegates’ confidence when making the initial contact with the potential client or customer.
- As a follow-on to this sales training for beginners, we offer a two-day intermediate sales training course aimed at consultants, experts and professionals. This follow-on course develops the delegates’ selling skills in progressing the sale, gaining customer commitment and overcoming customer concerns and objections.
- To underpin our sales training, we help participants to understand the psychology and principles of buying and selling.
By the end of this one-day basic selling skills training, the participants will have:
- Understood how customers buy and the sales process to match the buying cycle
- Recognised their beliefs about selling
- Created a great first impression and professional opening to a sales conversation
- Demonstrated how to listen effectively and to ask questions to uncover needs and opportunities
- Practised introducing services and products as benefits to meet the customer needs
- Introduction to selling
- Perceptions and beliefs about selling and sales people
- Understanding the sales and buying cycle
- Stages of the consultative sales model
- Individual and group exercises, facilitated group discussion
- Opening a sales discussion
- Purpose of the discussion
- Key elements of the opening
- Practise in small groups
- Group exercise with facilitated group review, practise sessions with feedback
- Uncovering needs – listening
- Barriers to listening and active listening
- Listening skills practise
- Pairs activity with facilitated group review, presentation
- Uncovering needs – questioning
- Types of questions, questioning funnel
- Questioning skills practise
- Presentation, group exercise, practical activities in pairs
- Proposing a solution
- Meeting a need
- Features and benefits
- Small group exercise and presentation with review
- Personal preparation and practise
- Applying customer contact model
- Practise sessions in small group with feedback, group learning review
- Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning, action planning and activity
- Sales training course feedback
The basic sales skills training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading introducing basic sales techniques for non-sales people.
- A colour printed workbook with selling tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Full of energy and motivational.
Sarah Barnett, Peach Professional
Excellent! Found the course really useful. It has provided me with the knowledge and confidence to be able to interact with others in a selling arena.
Ian Williamson, Peach Professional
Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Helped me to identify the skills that I already have but didn’t have the confidence to use.
Michelle Clarkson, Peach Professional
Jacqueline was a great trainer, putting up with all and any distractions and giving us a brilliant training session.
Dannielle Watt, MyBuilder.com
Very enjoyable and useful. The team appear to have absorbed a great deal. I look forward to following up.
Peter Wellock, Head of Service, MyBuilder.com
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
Our sales courses are delivered as “in-house training” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We normally deliver the sales training for beginners “in-house” at your company premises across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland