Improve your sales skills with consultative selling techniques for B2B services.
An engaging two-day consultative sales training course with practical exercises to develop your business-to-business selling skills. Also available as a truncated one-day course.
This consultative selling training course is ideal for those wishing to improve their sales skills and long term customer relationships when selling business-to-business (B2B) services or high value consumer goods and services. The course can be delivered as two consecutive days, or works very well delivered over two separate days with time for application in-between the training.
This course will provide participants with a range of sales tools and techniques that will allow them to adopt a confident consultative selling approach. The consultative sales training will enable participants to sell to client needs and develop a long-term relationship, improving the quality of conversations they have with potential and existing customers.
By the end of this two-day training course, the participants will have:
- Built rapport with others to a deeper level
- Listened effectively to ensure they have all the information they need
- Asked the right questions to progress the sale
- Probed and para-phrased to ensure they have acquired the correct information
- Identified how to strengthen existing relationships as well as develop new ones
- Sold the whole package that they offer and identified what they do differently to their competitors
- Develop your consultative selling skills
- What is selling? Beliefs about selling
- Who are you selling to? The buying experience
- What buyers want
- The consultative sales process
- Facilitator presentation, small group and individual exercises
- Preparing for a sales interaction
- Mental and physical preparation
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
- Activating the relationship
- What potential customers are thinking
- Judging first impressions and creating positive first impressions
- Building rapport and practise
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercises
- Barriers to listening and active listening
- Listening and rapport building practice
- Small group exercise, facilitated group discussion
- Types of questions, questioning funnel
- Presentation, group exercise, practical activities in pairs
- Understanding needs and wants
- Qualification part one
- Formulating questions
- Facilitator presentation, group exercise
- Recognising buying processes
- Qualification part two
- Application to your customers
- Facilitated group discussion and exercise
- Personal application
- Selling to existing customers
- Beliefs about selling
- Putting your consultative selling skills into practise
- Introducing solutions
- Speaking the customer’s language
- Features and benefits, the benefit cycle and application
- Small group exercise with facilitated group review, presentation
- Consultative sales practise sessions
- Handling concerns
- ECPC model
- Reflection and personal action planning
- Personal preparation and coaching, 3 practise sessions per participant throughout the day
- Small C and big C
- Positive behaviours
- Applying the learning and next steps
- Review of learning, current skills and action planning
- Course feedback
The consultative sales training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading covering consultative selling skills
- A comprehensive colour printed workbook with useful consultative selling techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
An excellent course delivered in a professional and calm manner. Good pace and well explained.
Jan Cartnell, Regard Partnership
It helped me to focus on skills I have already whilst introducing me to new ways of questioning. I have an action plan that I intend to work to, to enhance my skills. Thank you!
Diane Jones, The Regard Partnership
Very well planned around our particular needs.
Douglas Haggist, Business Development Director, Lineal Services, London
I found the training very useful and informative.
Gabriele Balciunate, Business Development Manager, Lineal Services, London
More customer reviews
To request a quote or make a booking, please complete the form below.
Note: Form fields with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Please complete them in order to submit the form.
This consultative selling skills course is delivered as “in-house training” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
With local trainers right across the UK, we can deliver in-house consultative sales training to companies in the following areas:
- London and the South East
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Oxford and Swindon
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland