Report Writing Course
Produce well structured business reports that engage the reader.
An interactive one-day report writing training course for business reports, run by a written communications skills expert.
The training teaches delegates how to write informative and effective reports which are compelling, persuasive and easily understood. Participants will also learn how to plan, organise their objectives, structure, construct arguments and summarise their content effectively.
This course is ideal for anyone who has to write or contribute to business reports, proposals, white papers or other types of written business communication.
Working with our training partner, we are able to deliver a wide range of bespoke business report and creative writing training courses to meet specific organisational and individual goals.
By attending this report writing course, participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of the reason for the different types of report formats and when, why and how they should be used
- Produced clear, hierarchical and logical structures which project the messages they wish to communicate
- Used some tried and tested report writing techniques to persuade and influence their readers
- Learnt how to write correctly
- Principles for effective report writing
- Clarifying objectives
- Undertaking your research
- Constructing your case
- Planning the report
- Structuring the report and testing out the key messages
- Using the appropriate style and tone
- Formatting and finalising the layout of report
- Calling the reader to action
- Editing and proof reading the report
This training will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, facilitation and group discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with facilitated group review of learning
- Practise sessions for participants to complete key elements of writing a report
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with report writing tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Report writing training - UK pricing
The pricing below is for delivering the business report writing course on a weekday, for the specified number of participants. Prices exclude travel expenses and optional workbook printing. We supply a free PDF for our client to print the training materials.
- 3-12 participants £1200 +VAT
Type of course: In-house
Our prices already include some tailoring of the course to your business needs, as standard. For example, we will embed your own work-based scenarios into the training, at no additional cost. Alternatively, to discuss a fully bespoke course…
Some additional discounts are available for not-for-profit organisations, the NHS and Public Sector, as well as registered charities…
Get a quote
In-House Training Locations
Our specialist trainer delivers in-house report writing training for companies right across the UK and have local trainers covering the following areas:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Testimonials from previous attendees
Good day’s training, interesting and with food for thought on how to improve report writing skills.
Tutor was very knowledgeable, passionate and delivered the course, which could have had the tendency to be rather dry, in an enthusiastic and interesting way.
The overall content of the course was very much proactive.
Excellent, will help tremendously for future reports that I will need to do. Instils confidence.