Report Writing Course
Produce well structured business reports that engage the reader.
An interactive one-day report writing training course for business reports, run by a written communications skills expert.
The report writing training teaches delegates how to write informative and effective reports which are compelling, persuasive and easily understood. Participants will also learn how to plan, organise their objectives, structure, construct arguments and summarise their content effectively.
This business report writing course is ideal for anyone who has to write or contribute to business reports, proposals, white papers or other types of written business communication.
Working with our training partner, we are able to deliver a wide range of bespoke business report and creative writing training courses to meet specific organisational and individual goals.
By attending this report writing course, participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of the reason for the different types of report formats and when, why and how they should be used
- Produced clear, hierarchical and logical structures which project the messages they wish to communicate
- Used some tried and tested report writing techniques to persuade and influence their readers
- Learnt how to write correctly
- Principles for effective report writing
- Clarifying objectives
- Undertaking your research
- Constructing your case
- Planning the report
- Structuring the report and testing out the key messages
- Using the appropriate style and tone
- Formatting and finalising the layout of report
- Calling the reader to action
- Editing and proof reading the report
This report writing training will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, facilitation and group discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with facilitated group review of learning
- Practise sessions for participants to complete key elements of writing a report
The training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with report writing tips, techniques and space for personal notes
The report writing course is run “in-house” at our client’s business premises, anywhere in the UK. Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We run report writing training for companies in and around the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Exeter and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland
Need a bespoke report writing training course?
At KSL Training, even our standard courses include some tailoring to your business. To discuss a fully bespoke course call: +44 (0) 1635 890450
What’s included already…
- Up to 30 minute telephone conversation with our office team
- Pre-course information and activity
- Embedding of your own work-based scenarios
Tailor the training…
- Up to 60 minute telephone conversation with your chosen trainer
- Up to 2 hours modification of existing training materials
- Reinforce your policies and procedures within the training
+£450 per course
Fully Bespoke Training…
- Half-day meeting with your chosen trainer to ensure the training meets your needs, building the ideal programme with you
- A plan of how the learning will be applied and measured and an agreed project plan
- 2 x 30 - 60 minute telephone conversations with the trainer
Testimonials from previous attendees
Good day’s training, interesting and with food for thought on how to improve report writing skills.
Tutor was very knowledgeable, passionate and delivered the course, which could have had the tendency to be rather dry, in an enthusiastic and interesting way.
The overall content of the course was very much proactive.
Excellent, will help tremendously for future reports that I will need to do. Instils confidence.