Learn effective conflict management techniques and resolution strategies to address confrontation in the workplace.
This one-day conflict resolution training course offers practical tips for managing conflict at work and introducing an effective conflict management strategy.
Aimed at managers and team leaders, the conflict resolution course provides the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively manage and turn around conflict situations in the workplace, in a clear, assertive and constructive manner.
Please note: We also offer a separate one-day Conflict and Resilience Course for customer-facing staff.
The aim of conflict management training is to introduce practical conflict resolution techniques and strategies that managers and team leaders can effectively utilise when managing conflict in the workplace. It should build on previous training, skills and knowledge of effective performance management.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace to ensure they maximise individual and team performance
- Identified their preferred style/s in influencing others and managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation
- Demonstrated their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation
- Have identified a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts
- Current strategies for handling conflict in the workplace
- Defining confrontation
- Identifying where you focus your attention and energy
- Role of managing conflict in the workplace
- Current conflict resolution strategies
- Presentation, practice sessions in pairs with co-coaching, facilitated group review
- Conflict styles
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
- Process for managing conflict
- Crosby’s conflict process
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Recognising contributions and potential conflict management strategies to change outcome
- Presentation, individual reflection and pairs exercise, group review
- Influencing and assertiveness styles
- The wheel of influencing
- Non verbal elements of influencing
- Stating wants
- Using consequences
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Giving feedback
- Adapting to the situation with integrity
- Presentation, pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
- Conflict resolution activities
- Testing out the use of current and new confrontation management strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
- Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
The conflict resolution training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire and/or pre-course reading to prepare for the training
- A colour printed workbook with tips, techniques and space for personal notes
© KSL Consulting Ltd. DO NOT COPY content from this page. Plagiarism will result in prosecution.
Very useful and relevant. Learned, what I hope will be, effective strategies for implementation.
Frank Taylor – Vice Principal Veterinary Studies, The College of Animal Welfare
Really skilled trainer. Lots of theory that’s usable.
Marjolein, Team Lead, Catawiki
Very personable, patient trainer – seemed flexible to our comments, despite not working in our company/sector.
Alex Wordsworth, Head of Production, PIAS Production
Very thought provoking and helpful. Has made me consider how I interact with clients.
Jack Stephenson, Production Manager, Key/Breed
Have done all three courses and they have all been brilliant. I have learnt a lot and have been able to implement in my role.
More customer reviews
4.7/5 stars from 30 reviews on FreeIndex
The conflict resolution course is delivered as “in-house training” at your business premises anywhere in the UK, or at a venue of your choice.
Contact us for pricing or to discuss your needs.
Flexible to suit client needs.
In-House Training Locations
We can deliver in-house conflict management training courses to companies across the UK, with local trainers in the following locations:
- London and the South East
- The Thames Valley – including Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Oxford and Swindon
- Norwich and East Anglia
- Leeds and Bradford
- Manchester and the North West
- Southampton and Bournemouth
- Birmingham and the Midlands
- Cardiff and South Wales
- Devon, Cornwall and the South West
- Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland